Windows 10: Unable to delete unwanted system folders

Discus and support Unable to delete unwanted system folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Serena Kemper, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Unable to delete unwanted system folders

Unable to delete unwanted system folders a11b3cf3-343e-4caf-b2fd-61ce704a87b4?upload=true.png

These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other than being very annoying they don't really do much to my PC. Please guide me how to delete these folders. When I click on their details, it's shown that they're "System folder". Please help me :

:)

Serena Kemper, Aug 4, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Unable to delete unwanted system folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Unable to delete unwanted system folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 4, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Jekyll99 Win User

Unable to delete unwanted system folders

Problem with unwanted folder deletion

I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their contents (all identical) in one fell swoop, rather than have to laboriously wade through maybe 300 separate directories to delete them individually.

Suggestions?

Jekyll99, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to delete unwanted system folders

1. Unable to delete unwanted system folders - Similar Threads - Unable delete unwanted

2. unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to delete a folder: how should i go about having permissions to delete this folder? I made myself the owner of the entirety of the program files x86 folder, including subfolders. It applied to all but this 360 folder. It also stated that I needed admin privileges to remove said folder even...
  3. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  4. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete a folder: im unable to delete a folder and get this error. Even tried in safe mode but still the same results. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-a-folder/5e1d7a8b-dffa-404c-b2df-b1bd686f15d9
  5. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  6. folder unable to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder unable to delete: Hi, I've been having continuous issues with deleting this blender folder. I tried deleting one of the specific subfolders that looked like it was causing the issue, but that seemingly didn't work. I attempted to change the security permissions, but it said access was denied....
  7. Can't delete unwanted System partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't delete unwanted System partition: Hi everyone, I'm having troubles deleting an unwanted partition D: from my SSD. I've had a Windows 10 installed on it D: previously and for one reason or another it malfunctioned and I had to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. Which I did on a different partition C:....
  8. Problem with unwanted folder deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with unwanted folder deletion: I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their...
  9. Unable to delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a folder: I have a folder on my computer that I didn’t create. It’s in a folder that I created, and my computer tells me that I don’t have administrator permissions for it, and it won’t let me change or view the permissions. It’s status is cloud, and I can open it on the cloud but...
  10. Unable to Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Delete a Folder: After clean installing 1803 I found that OneDrive was giving errors in Event Viewer so I decided to follow a guide which recommended uninstalling and reinstalling it. During install I decided to move the folder from c: to d:. Unfortunately this has left all the files behind...