Windows 10: Unable to delete user profile

Discus and support Unable to delete user profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Folks Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, but it all started here. I am unable to delete an administrator profile from the account of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trickyinthecloud, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Unable to delete user profile

Hi Folks

Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum, but it all started here. I am unable to delete an administrator profile from the account of another administrator.

New PC with an SSD for apps and HDD for data. Tried to set it up to store data on the HDD by changing locations of the user default directories Documents, Pictures etc.. Didn't work well at all - I could not restore the default locations and ended up with default directories in a mix of C: and D: drives. So I went nuclear and decided to reset windows but keeping preinstalled apps - didn't work either.

Next step - delete user profile using Advanced System Properties.

There are two users on the PC, User 1 and User 2. Step one - make sure both of us are administrators - check. Step two, log in as User 1 and delete User 2 profile - check the default directories were restored.

Step three - log out as User 1, log in as User 2 and go to Advanced System Properties, click on User 1 -problem, "delete" is greyed out.

Step 4 - try it manually by going to c:\Users\User1 to delete directory and then use regedit to remove ProfileImagePath problem - "cannot delete directory as file/folder is open in another program". OK, tried rebooting and logging in as User 2 from scratch, but still the same problem.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Richard

:)

Trickyinthecloud, Jan 9, 2021
  2. carlahill Win User

unable to log onto user profile

I don't get any error messages just either welcome or logging off. I went through the process above but unfortunately it hasn't helped. I have also tried deleting the account then setting it up again, I got a bit further, this time I got to the user profiles
    home page but after about 30 sec logged me off and back to profile list. Any other suggestions?

regards

carlahill, Jan 9, 2021
  3. GMC7700 Win User
    Deleted User but Cannot Remove Profile Folder

None of this works. Silly me for deleting the profile via control panel.

So when I go to the systempropertiesadvanced, the profile is not listed.

When I go to the registry keys, the profile is not listed there either.

But the c::\users\ has the folders that I cannot delete.

GMC7700, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Unable to delete user profile

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Unable to delete user profile

1. Unable to delete user profile - Similar Threads - Unable delete user

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Delete User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  6. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  7. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  9. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  10. Accidentally deleted user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...