Windows 10: Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk.

Discus and support Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ANSOpb, Nov 10, 2020.

1. ANSOpb Win User

Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk.

Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk. 7676e796-c7d5-4ab4-a26d-1db5e032ab4b?upload=true.jpg

:)

ANSOpb, Nov 10, 2020

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 10, 2020
  3. CWS666 Win User
    Backup - External Hard Disk Not Recognised

I am using Windows 10

For a while I have been getting a message that my external hard drive is full. This is the disk I use to back up to. I started by deleting everything off the disk and tried to run a backup. I got a message as follows:

"File History doesn't recognise this drive: Select another drive".

As I don't have another drive what can I do to allow File History to use this one please?

The External Hard Disk is 132Gb and the File System is NTFS (Not sure what that is but thought it might be useful!!). There is also the option to change it to FAT32 (Default).

Any ideas anyone?

Charlie Simpson

CWS666, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk.

No access to external hard disks after last window 10 update

hello Petra

Method 1:

Check whether the external hard disk is detected in Device Manager, right click on it and click on Uninstall the drivers. Plug in the external hard drive again so that Windows automatically installs the drivers. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, go to the External hard drive in Windows Explorer, right click on it and select Properties. Click on the Security tab and then click on Edit and click on Add and type Everyone and press enter. Select Everyone from the list and place a
    check mark in Full control. Press apply and ok and check if you are able to access the External hard drive.

Method 2:

If you are still unable to access your hard drive, I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned in the following link and try to take the ownership and check:

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670/en-us

Pedro Bruguera, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to delete windows backup from external hard disk. - Similar Threads - Unable delete backup

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  5. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 unable to access external hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 unable to access external hard disk: Hello I wonder if anyone can assist at all? I use external hard disks for storing music and other media multimedia content, as well as for moving data between PCs. Earlier today though, all of a sudden, Windows was unable to access the drive the PC in question referred to as...
  7. Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore from Backup on External Hard Drive: I had to send my laptop to get repaired, so I backed up my laptop onto an external hard drive. I have gotten my laptop back, and as expected, everything is gone. I am trying to restore from my backup, but it does not seem to be working. I created the backup with Windows 10,...
  8. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...
  9. external hard disk

external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28
  10. Window 10 unable safety remove external hard disk

Window 10 unable safety remove external hard disk: Don't know since when my window 10 laptop cannot perform safety remove my external hard disk but it do able safety remove flash drive. I have no idea what program it started cause my hard disk not able to be safety removed as i have try to freshly connect my hard disk when...