Windows 10: Unable to delete Work account

Discus and support Unable to delete Work account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, I added my work account to my PC. After i resigned from the organization i forgot to remove my work account. Now my PC keeps trying to login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VishnuEH, Apr 13, 2019.

1. VishnuEH Win User

Unable to delete Work account

Hi All,

I added my work account to my PC. After i resigned from the organization i forgot to remove my work account. Now my PC keeps trying to login to my work account and gives me error as the company already deleted the email ID. now i am unable to use the MANAGE option to remove the work account from PC. Appreciate your help.

:)

VishnuEH, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 13, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to delete Work account - Similar Threads - Unable delete account

2. Unable to delete work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete work account: My system keeps asking me to log into a work account. I have tried disconnecting it, but all I get is an error saying "This PC isn't joined to a domain".As I don't work for the organisation anymore, I physically can't log into said domain.So how can I disconnect it?Likewise,...
  3. Unable to delete work account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete work account: My system keeps asking me to log into a work account. I have tried disconnecting it, but all I get is an error saying "This PC isn't joined to a domain".As I don't work for the organisation anymore, I physically can't log into said domain.So how can I disconnect it?Likewise,...
  4. Delete Work Account from the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Work Account from the computer: Hi there, I need help deleting a wokr account that is on my Windows. The email is "*** Email address is removed for privacy *** think this was a developers test. I lost access to this account because I was trying to log off the computer and was unable because I had to contact...
  5. Delete Work Account from the computer

Delete Work Account from the computer: Hi there, I need help deleting a wokr account that is on my Windows. The email is "*** Email address is removed for privacy *** think this was a developers test. I lost access to this account because I was trying to log off the computer and was unable because I had to contact...
  6. Unable to Remove a Former Work Account

Unable to Remove a Former Work Account: I am trying to remove a former work account from my personal Windows 11 machine and I am unable. It only allows me to remove it if I log into the account but I no longer work at the company and my account has been closed. I simply want to remove the account on my machine....
  7. Deleting an old work email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an old work email account: How do I delete an old work email account that I do not have access to and Microsoft does not recognize when trying to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-an-old-work-email-account/c3327d24-f0a5-4011-ad3c-4010051f6c08
  8. Deleting a "work or school" email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...
  9. Deleting a work account

Deleting a work account: Need help, I have a Microsoft work account on my computer, I no longer work at that place, I keep getting the "Work account problem" message on start up, how do I delete that account when I can no longer access it? TIA....
  10. Unable to delete microsoft account

Unable to delete microsoft account: Hi, I have an old Office 365 school account which I had initially added to my laptop. This account has been now closed, however I am unable to delete it from my profile. Each time I startup my machine I get a message "Work or school account issue". However, I don't seem to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remove work account windows 10

2. unable to remove windows account

3. XxG3TR3KTxX591

4. how to delete windows work account,
  5. windows phone work account unable to remove,
  6. windows 10 remove accounts used by other apps