Windows 10: Unable to delete zipped download file from downloads and unable to empty recycle bin

Discus and support Unable to delete zipped download file from downloads and unable to empty recycle bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a file in my downloads folder that I cannot delete and when I try, windows explorer freezes and the circle just spins and spins. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HTC222, Feb 19, 2019.

1. HTC222 Win User

Unable to delete zipped download file from downloads and unable to empty recycle bin

I have a file in my downloads folder that I cannot delete and when I try, windows explorer freezes and the circle just spins and spins. I have tried to move it to the recycle bin. I have tried to hit delete. I have tried to move it to a usb drive. NOTHING works. Also I have a file in the recyling bin that is a zipped file and I am unable to empty the recycle bin. When I select empty recycle bin, nothing happens. Everything freezes on my computer and I cannot use any keyboard key. I have tried to delete the files in safe mode and still doesn't work.

:)

HTC222, Feb 19, 2019

2. delete downloads and empty the recycle bin

Simple!

• To delete all downloads: Open the Downloads folder, then delete the lot.
    • To empty the Recycle Bin: Right-click it, then left-click "Empty Recycle Bin"
    There is a lot of power in right-clicks!

Frederik Long, Feb 19, 2019
  3. HossWTC Win User
    Unable to download

Is there something wrong with the server providing the download for SysTool? I'm unable to download the application using Firefox or IE.

Are there any mirrors?

Thanks.

HossWTC, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Unable to delete zipped download file from downloads and unable to empty recycle bin

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to delete zipped download file from downloads and unable to empty recycle bin - Similar Threads - Unable delete zipped

2. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  3. Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder to recycle bin and emptied bin?: Hi. I had 2 important pic files from MY PICTURES that got in the recycle bin. I deleted/emptied the files in recycle bin before I knew my pic file was in there.Is there a secondary way to get the files back from recycle bin? I tried to do a restore time on computer, but it...
  4. Emptied recycle bin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emptied recycle bin: Hello,I tried speaking to online help but was proptly ignored. My files were all moved to the recycle bin thinking they were still on my hard drive and not just on OneDrive, and then the recycle bin was emptied yesterday. Obviously having seen what happened, and the mistake...
  5. Zip file automatically deleted from recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip file automatically deleted from recycle bin: I recently downloaded a zip file from google drive and later decided to delete it from downloads folder. I removed it from there but to my surprise I couldn't find it in recycle bin. I have checked my recycle bin properties and everything was perfect. What could be the reason...
  6. Unable to remove files from my recycling bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to remove files from my recycling bin: I'm trying to delete all of the things in my recycling bin but it would only allow me to do some of them. I highlighted everything, right clicked, then clicked on delete but nothing happens. I tried doing it individually and once again nothing. There is no error message...
  7. unable to restore files from recycle bin

unable to restore files from recycle bin: I'm unable to restore files from recycle bin it's not showing any error it' just not getting restore please help me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-restore-files-from-recycle/ee642332-0e3b-4ad4-9f49-29bdc8227804
  8. Empty Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Recycle Bin: I have recently had a new Hard Drive installe. Having re-installed my software and apps I have a list of 42 files in recycle bin that will not delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-recycle/6bacd00c-4699-478a-9de7-45cab25e6dd3
  9. Help recovering deleted files from recycle bin! (empty recycle bin)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help recovering deleted files from recycle bin! (empty recycle bin): As you can see in the subject of the post, I have accidentally deleted a folder from my desktop, and after few moments I emptied my recycle bin. Have already tried recuva, and had no luck... Rstudio 8 deep scan is now ongoing, but I am eager to search for some more...
  10. Unable to open downloaded Zip Files

Unable to open downloaded Zip Files: Hi all, I recently installed windows 10 on the computer. However, when I download a folder from One Drive web onto my desktop - I am unable to open the file. The error shown is that it is unable to track the location of the Zip folder as per the current location. Please...