Windows 10: unable to detect CD or DVD driver

Discus and support unable to detect CD or DVD driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; im unable to insert the CD or DVD in disk when I inserted the CD or DVD is not responding and saying please insert disc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UpendraKothuri, Mar 20, 2020.

1. unable to detect CD or DVD driver

im unable to insert the CD or DVD in disk

when I inserted the CD or DVD is not responding and saying please insert disc

:)

UpendraKothuri, Mar 20, 2020

2. CD/DVD drive (Eunable to detect CD or DVD driver :) will not open, it is detected

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for CD/DVD drive by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows key + R and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
    • Right click on the driver and select update driver software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 20, 2020
  3. CD/DVD drive unable to detect disk

Hello Charlotte,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PC you are using?

• Under what circumstances do you receive the message 'there is no disk'? Did you try to double click on the drive in File Explorer view?

• Did you check if the issue pertains to any particular CD/DVD? Also, do you use any third party software to read and write CD/DVD media files?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• What is the status of the CD/DVD ROM in the Device Manager settings?

Press Windows logo + R > type devmgmt.msc > and press Enter to open Device Manager

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if enabling the Autoplay settings in Windows helps in this case to detect the media disks.

Follow the path: Control Panel > Autoplay > Check the option for
    Use Auto Play for all Media and Devices.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to check if updating the drivers for the CD/DVD ROM device present in your PC helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the driver list of your PC. Expand CD/DVD ROM
      and identify the device.

If it still fails, consider to rollback the driver to a previous working state.

Double click on your DC/DVD ROM device in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Windows performance, for us to eb able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Wil Pan Win User

unable to detect CD or DVD driver

CD driver is not detecting

Hello RasmaShaikh. This is Wil an independent advisor. I would love to help you with your concern about CD Driver cannot be detected. Since the driver is not detected, I presumed that your computer cannot detect the CD Drive itself. You may follow the
    troubleshooting steps on this link
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/314060...
    but the usual resolution is Method 5 which is deleting corrupted registry. I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible.
    Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

Wil Pan, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

unable to detect CD or DVD driver

1. unable to detect CD or DVD driver - Similar Threads - unable detect DVD

2. Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?: I have lost the drivers for my integral CD/DVD hard drive. Can anyone suggest how I can reinstate this so I can play CDs or DVDs on my laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-cddvd-drivers/c2c47259-d2b0-4a20-ae95-f4cd75844c98
  3. Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstate CD/DVD Drivers?: I have lost the drivers for my integral CD/DVD hard drive. Can anyone suggest how I can reinstate this so I can play CDs or DVDs on my laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstate-cddvd-drivers/c2c47259-d2b0-4a20-ae95-f4cd75844c98
  4. Unable to format cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format cd/dvd: Unable to format CD/DVD using built-in or external burner. I am able to read disks, but no option to format is available.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID 363E617F-5E68-427A-9760-5D149E33EB30 Product ID...
  5. Unable to format cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to format cd/dvd: Unable to format CD/DVD using built-in or external burner. I am able to read disks, but no option to format is available.Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.90 GB usable Device ID 363E617F-5E68-427A-9760-5D149E33EB30 Product ID...
  6. cd-dvd driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd-dvd driver error: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 laptoprunning windows 10. both my cd-dvd drives 1 internal, 1 external show errors in Device manager that read : Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  7. CD driver is not detecting

CD driver is not detecting: My windows 10 OS is having a problem of not detecting any cd or DVD in the CD driver. Earlier it was not happening with windows 7 ultimate edition. Please give me solution to fix this problem....
  8. cd/dvd driver

cd/dvd driver: I have been trying to get my cd/dvd driver to work ever since a Windows update messed it all up. I don't know why Windows feels the need to remove software from peoples computers just because they think cd/dvds are becoming obsolete. that is really not the case, its only an...
  9. Missing CD/DVD driver

Missing CD/DVD driver: I use an old Dell laptop. After I updated to Windows 10 latest update my CD ROM ceased to function. I had recently installed software, then upgraded, then it will no longer work. So after looking online I deleted cdrom.sys, thinking the system would detect this missing...
  10. CD/DVD Drives Not Detected

CD/DVD Drives Not Detected: I've had this same issue on 3 computers I've upgraded to Windows 10 (which are the only three I've even needed to have a working disc drive on). Windows 10 will not show the disc drives anywhere. I've checked in the Device Manager and everywhere else I can look, but they...