Windows 10: unable to detect external wifi adapter in wsl

Discus and support unable to detect external wifi adapter in wsl in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey i installed ubuntu 18 from Microsoft store by using windows subsystem for Linux. Then in ubuntu I installed aircrack-ng and when I enter command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NSA99, Sep 15, 2019.

1. NSA99 Win User

unable to detect external wifi adapter in wsl

Hey

i installed ubuntu 18 from Microsoft store by using windows subsystem for Linux. Then in ubuntu I installed aircrack-ng and when I enter command sudo airmon-ng it shows this ls: cannot access '/sys/class/ieee80211/': No such file or directory

and unable to detect external wifi adapter. (sorry for bad english)

:)

NSA99, Sep 15, 2019

2. Unable to detect wifi network on windows 10

I am unable to detect my home wifi network on my windows 10 PC, I can find it and join it though on my mobile. I have tried reinstalling the network adapters but that didn't help. I haven't tried to clear the register entry, I am not sure if its safest option.

Any suggestions on how to fix the issue ?

AkhilPolamarasetty, Sep 15, 2019
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. S_and_S Win User

Wifi Adapter

Here are several methods:

• Look in the user guide - see if 5 GHz WiFi is mentioned.
    • Find that model on the manufacturer's website - see if the manufacturer advertises 5 GHz capability.
    • Look for independent reviews of your model - the reviewer will certainly mention if the adapter supports 5 GHz

If none of those provide the answer, I can suggest many more ways to find out.

S_and_S, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. unable to detect external wifi adapter in wsl - Similar Threads - unable detect external

2. network adapter/wifi networks not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter/wifi networks not being detected: Since putting together a computer a few weeks ago, Windows 10 has been, for some reason, unable to detect the network adapter that I have installed/connected and WiFi networks not showing despite booting into Manjaro and networks successfully showing up there the computer is...
  3. network adapter/wifi networks not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network adapter/wifi networks not being detected: Since putting together a computer a few weeks ago, Windows 10 has been, for some reason, unable to detect the network adapter that I have installed/connected and WiFi networks not showing despite booting into Manjaro and networks successfully showing up there the computer is...
  4. Unable to detect wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to detect wifi: Unable to detect wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-detect-wifi/59c2e65a-8d67-48f9-9dd8-d424f8d8b47a
  5. Unable to detect wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to detect wifi: Unable to detect wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-detect-wifi/59c2e65a-8d67-48f9-9dd8-d424f8d8b47a
  6. Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network: I am not able to connect to wifi as it is not getting detected. I have to then execute the netsh command and restart machine. This fixes the problem for some time however in few mins the connection is lost again. Can someone help how i can fix this. the problem has started...
  7. unable to detect external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to detect external monitor: My laptop suddenly stopped connecting to an external monitor via HDMI.It used to work fine with my monitor using the HMDI to DVI cable; and this morning just suddenly stopped. I've tried another HDMI to DVI cable as well as connecting it to another monitor using HDMI-HDMI,...
  8. windows detects wrong wifi adapter

windows detects wrong wifi adapter: Device Manager shows my network adapter to be IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. It's not. My network card is an ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 AC1200 Dual Band PCI Express Wifi Adapter with Bluetooth 4.2 Currently, wifi works, even though Windows has misidentified my hardware....
  9. Wifi Adapter Not Detected after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Adapter Not Detected after Windows Update: So, my laptop was working fine last night. I was casually browsing the web and everything was fine. I shut my laptop down before going to sleep. When I woke up, I booted my laptop and both sound and wifi were missing! I thought it might've been the boot process screwing up,...
  10. Unable to detect external hard drive

Unable to detect external hard drive: I have been attempting to download files from my external hard drive on my surface but cannot seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-detect-external-hard-drive/80f9a17b-73ac-4cc6-8d42-74714afeb773

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to discover external wifi adapter

2. aircrack unable to detect wireless without usb