Windows 10: Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network

Discus and support Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue but my PC and laptop are unable to connect and detect to my own wireless network. It'll list every other network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tutorgrrl, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network

Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue but my PC and laptop are unable to connect and detect to my own wireless network. It'll list every other network but my own. My phone on the other hand can detect and connect to my wireless network. When I check my phone, I see that it's connected to the 5Ghz rather than the 2.4. Both my laptop and PC don't have wireless cards to access the 5Ghz.

Whenever I restart my router and modem, my PC will detect my network and connect to the network and then it'll disconnect and disappear.

Is this something wrong with my router or Windows 10? And how do I fix it?

submitted by /u/tutorgrrl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tutorgrrl, Nov 22, 2020

2. Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Nov 22, 2020
  3. unable to access the wireless network

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand that you are facing issue with your internet connection.

I would suggest you to follow the steps
    below:

Method 1

I would suggest you to send the
    screenshot of the wifi problem that you receive.

Please follow the link below to send the screenshot

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots

Method 2

Network Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the
    Network Troubleshooter

Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.

Method 3

Delete a Wireless network profile

To do so please refer the article below and check if it helps:.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network

1. Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network - Similar Threads - Unable Detect Own

2. Unable to detect bluetooth, GPU, wireless network, camera after format with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to detect bluetooth, GPU, wireless network, camera after format with Windows 10: Hi all,My computer was purchased in China and I was unable to change the language. So I went and DL Windows 10 onto a USB stick. After formating, my computer was unable to locate camera, bluetooth device, GPU, wireless card, etc even after installing the drives. I cannot...
  3. Unable to detect bluetooth, GPU, wireless network, camera after format with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to detect bluetooth, GPU, wireless network, camera after format with Windows 10: Hi all,My computer was purchased in China and I was unable to change the language. So I went and DL Windows 10 onto a USB stick. After formating, my computer was unable to locate camera, bluetooth device, GPU, wireless card, etc even after installing the drives. I cannot...
  4. Unable to detect bluetooth, GPU, wireless network, camera after format with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to detect my TV as a wireless monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to detect my TV as a wireless monitor: I used my TV as a wireless monitor for a while. Recently, it failed to connect to my TV. Today I found my PC even cannot detect my TV as a wireless monitor. I did not make any change on my PC or TV. I can detect other TVs of my neighbors. I can also screen mirror to my TV...
  6. Unable to detect my TV as a wireless monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to detect my TV as a wireless monitor: I used my TV as a wireless monitor for a while. Recently, it failed to connect to my TV. Today I found my PC even cannot detect my TV as a wireless monitor. I did not make any change on my PC or TV. I can detect other TVs of my neighbors. I can also screen mirror to my TV...
  7. Unable to connect to Wireless network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to Wireless network: While waiting for my broadband to be installed I've been using my mobile data to access the internet on my desktop computer. I've been using a wireless network adaptor which has been working perfectly albeit expensive. Since my broadband was Installed yesterday, I have not...
  8. Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range

Wireless adapter not detecting all networks in range: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro v1909 with a TP Link WN881ND PCIe wireless network adapter. Since the middle of this week it has been refusing to detect, let alone connect to, either of my home wi-fi networks a dual band Netgear modem and dual band extender. All other wi-fi...
  9. Unable to connect to wireless network

Unable to connect to wireless network: Hi! I have problem with connecting my computer with the wireless network on my phone- HUAWEI P smart. When I click on network icon in the right bottom of my computer I can see my device is recognised. But, when I click on it to connect it with my computer I get the...
  10. Problem with the Wireless network detection

Problem with the Wireless network detection: I post this message cause I got a big problem with the Wireless Network detection. In fact, when I reinstalled windows on my PC, I done it with a connected ethernet cable. But now, it's impossible to see in the network detection other things than the ethernet cable. I wanna...