Windows 10: Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11

Discus and support Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When File Explorer is open I'm seeing checkboxes and I'm unable to turn checkbox usage off.Checkboxes stay even if I toggle the item check boxes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimKiniry Jr. - Live.com, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11

When File Explorer is open I'm seeing checkboxes and I'm unable to turn checkbox usage off.Checkboxes stay even if I toggle the item check boxes setting in the show view as noted below.Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.348

:)

JimKiniry Jr. - Live.com, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Mr McC Win User

Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11

Unable to disable subtitles in Windows Media Player

Hi folks,

I rented Shutter Island last night and was unable to disable the subtitles in Windows Media Player. Is this something to do with regional playback protection? Does anybody have a workaround to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mr McC, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11

1. Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable disable checkbox

2. Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless: As the title suggests, I am unable to disable checkboxes on desktop shortcuts. I have tried all three methods listed1. File Explorer > View > Show > Item Check Boxes2. File Explorer > ... > Options > View > Use checkboxes to select items3. Registry Editing set value to 0I...
  3. Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Shortcut Checkboxes - Registry Edit Useless: As the title suggests, I am unable to disable checkboxes on desktop shortcuts. I have tried all three methods listed1. File Explorer > View > Show > Item Check Boxes2. File Explorer > ... > Options > View > Use checkboxes to select items3. Registry Editing set value to 0I...
  4. Unable to remove checkbox display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove checkbox display: Hi sirs,I'd like to remove this setting but I notice it remains even after removing the setting from the drop-down menu:How to deal with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-checkbox-display/2b0b688d-834a-4e1f-835d-917c66ada982
  5. Unable to remove checkbox display

Unable to remove checkbox display: Hi sirs,I'd like to remove this setting but I notice it remains even after removing the setting from the drop-down menu:How to deal with this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-checkbox-display/2b0b688d-834a-4e1f-835d-917c66ada982
  6. Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable checkbox usage in Windows 11: When File Explorer is open I'm seeing checkboxes and I'm unable to turn checkbox usage off.Checkboxes stay even if I toggle the item check boxes setting in the show view as noted below.Version 21H2 OS Build 22000.348...
  7. Item checkboxes cannot be disabled on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item checkboxes cannot be disabled on windows 11: I recently upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop, and I can't disable item check boxes in the file explorer.Disabling item check boxes works on the desktop, but not in the file explorer see attached screenshot.I have tried disabling "Use check boxes to select items" in folder...
  8. Item checkboxes cannot be disabled on windows 11

Item checkboxes cannot be disabled on windows 11: I recently upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop, and I can't disable item check boxes in the file explorer.Disabling item check boxes works on the desktop, but not in the file explorer see attached screenshot.I have tried disabling "Use check boxes to select items" in folder...
  9. Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth autoconnect, add a checkbox to disable it.: My computer always automatically connects to my Bluetooth audio device. Is there a way to keep Bluetooth on so I can still use my Bluetooth mouse but manually connect to the audio device, only when I want? I can't use the audio device with my phone or other PC when my...
  10. windows checkbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows checkbox: I am on 20H2 and after 30 or more years there is still no answer to possibly the worst default in the history of microsoft. I want the default to be unchecked, and stay unchecked. how can this be done.[IMG]...