Windows 10: Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

Discus and support Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Subhadeep Kanungo, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet bandwidth in the background which makes the web surfing very slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied".

Please note that I am using Admin account and have also recently formatted my system twice to figure out the issue. But that did not solve the problem. Any suggestion what can be done?? Thanks in advance.

:)

Subhadeep Kanungo, Mar 23, 2019

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Mar 23, 2019
  3. das10 Win User
    Disable Delivery Optimization

I too have noted the same behaviour. But according to this Reddit discussions, Delivery Optimization is not exclusively related to P2P updates, but is also related to other MS update tasks. According to those discussions, Delivery Optimization service will not stay disabled for long and hence the cache folder we are seeing which is somehow related to that service.

I have turned off Delivery Optimization but it is still using my bandwidth?? : Windows10
    Delivery Optimization Service still downloading after turning off update sharing? : Windows10

das10, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

Should I disable delivery optimization service?

The Delivery Optimization service is very annoying, It makes my internet connection slow badly.

So, can I disable it?

If so, are there any problems?

Should I disable it?

Deng_BunThai, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

1. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service - Similar Threads - Unable disable Delivery

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to disable delivery optimization, insane bandwidth consumption!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to disable delivery optimization, insane bandwidth consumption!: I can't leave my network activity idle for a few hours without finding this terrible service downloading what I can only persume to be windows updates without my permission. I don't have the bandwidth and data to keep updating windows at Microsoft's whim. I have seen this...
  6. Disable or at least allow user to control Delivery Optimization Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable or at least allow user to control Delivery Optimization Service: Like i said in the subject, hot to stop or at least allow user with F*CKING low bandwidth to control usage of useless Delivery Optimization Service. I've doing more than Microsoft suggest to control that service. Disable automatic update, control BITS on Service, doing...
  7. I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. When I try to disable this service it...

I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. When I try to disable this service it...: I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes internet bandwidth in the background which makes online gaming lag and everything uses internet slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied". I already turned off delivery...
  8. Delivery Optimization Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimization Service: We have four home computers, only two running Windows 10. Is it a good idea to have this service on? Why not turn it off and delete the hundreds of MB of files stored in it?...
  9. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”: I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this delivery optimization. I’ve already tried to stop througg the firewall and by disabling it under services. If anyone knows...
  10. Disable Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Delivery Optimization: Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization? HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit. In Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization: “Allow downloads from other PCs” is turned Off. With...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access denied to make changes to delivery optimisation service

2. delivery optimization access denied

3. access denied when want to turn off delivery optimazitioj

4. access is denied disabling delivery optimization service,
  5. delivery optimization service disable,
  6. win 10 delivery optimization service disable access denied,
  7. disable delivery optimization access denied,
  8. access denied in disabling delivery optimization windows 10,
  9. unable to disable delivery optimization