Windows 10: Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

Discus and support Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SiddhN, Oct 5, 2018.

1. SiddhN Win User

Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the Registory Editor, but both the methods aren't working. I still see drop shadows on the labels. How do I disable them?

Thanks in advance.

:)

SiddhN, Oct 5, 2018
  2. SiddhN Win User

Problem in disabling drop shadows on desktop icons.

I disabled drop shadows for desktop icon labels from advanced system settings. It works for about 5 seconds and then shadows again start appearing, despite the setting being still set to disable.

How do I fix it?

SiddhN, Oct 5, 2018
  3. gertblij Win User
    Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

I have unticked the drop shadow options in settings and the relevant registry item is set to 0.

When I reboot I get the desktop icon fonts WITHOUT drop shadow, but after a short while the drop shadows are back again.

How can I permanently disable the drop shadows for the desktop icon font?

TIA

Gert

gertblij, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

Remove drop shadow on icons on desktop in Windows 10

No, the shadows appear under every icon label if the corresponding option in the Performance Options / Visual Effects is enabled. Here you can see example screenshots with instructions how to enable or disable the shadows.

"https://www.isunshare.com/windows-1...dow-of-desktop-icon-labels-in-windows-10.html"

The bug in Windows 7 and 10 that people are complaining about here (and that you are obviously not aware of) is that these shadows sometimes re-appear even though the option is
    disabled. The only way to prevent this that I found so far is disabling the Snap Assist feature. I have no idea what this feature has to do with the shadows, but it works.

I recommend to read a thread completely before posting irrelevant replies and blaming people for being unable to use a computer.

Laserjones, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

1. Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons - Similar Threads - Unable disable drop

2. Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.: Team : Today, all of a sudden my Windows 11 DeskTop shows DropShadows on all Desktop Icons. I have NOT changed any settings.I also tried this Tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EscQHpUEdgBut no help. Can some Experts guide me to remove Drop Shadows. No matter which...
  3. Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop Shadows. Windows 11. DeskTop Icons.: Team : Today, all of a sudden my Windows 11 DeskTop shows DropShadows on all Desktop Icons. I have NOT changed any settings.I also tried this Tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EscQHpUEdgBut no help. Can some Experts guide me to remove Drop Shadows. No matter which...
  4. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  5. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  6. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon labels have drop shadows: This morning, when I turned on my computer, the desktop icon labels have drop shadows. I have had them set to not have that since I got my computer. Last night, I shut down my computer via the power button on the computer. Today, I have drop shadows that I cannot get rid of...
  7. Drop shadows on desktop icons

Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  8. Drop shadows on desktop icons remains irrespective of setting

Drop shadows on desktop icons remains irrespective of setting: So my appearance settings are set to no drop shadows and my registry key for the same is set to zero yet the shadows remain and they make it very difficult to actually read the text. Its the same on two separate PC's Are MS going to actually fix this switch?...
  9. Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons: I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the Registory Editor, but both the methods aren't working. I still see drop shadows on the labels. How do I disable them? Thanks in...
  10. Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows: Win 10 Tech Demo. I would like to have plain black text on my desktop icons. I have un-ticked the appropriate box to remove the subject drop shadows, but it did not remove them. I have checked the appropriate registry setting which is set to "0". When I boot into Win...