Windows 10: Unable to disable family features.

Discus and support Unable to disable family features. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been trying to turn my "child-account" on XBOX One, into an adult account. After looking around on my XBOX One and computer for about 4 hours, I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tobias AA, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Tobias AA Win User

Unable to disable family features.

I've been trying to turn my "child-account" on XBOX One, into an adult account. After looking around on my XBOX One and computer for about 4 hours, I finally figured out how to fix this problem. Sadly, the moment after, some family features was enabled on my computer. I couldn't access Google Chrome and potentially other applications too. When I try to launch Google Chrome, "Family Safety" shows up instead and tells me that I have to ask a parent for permission before I can use it. From there the only option is to ask by email, but when I give it a try, it says something went wrong and tells me to give it another try later.

I've had a look in Windows settings and in the Microsoft account settings on the internet, even Windows Defender which apparently has built-in family safety features. However, I'm not in any family with my account nor have I accepted any of these changes. I also tried opening Task Manager and then opened Family Safety's file location, which lead me to a folder owned by "Trusted Installer". Which means I couldn't delete that folder and I couldn't figure out a way to make me the owner of that folder and then delete it.

If anyone has a solution for this, that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tobias AA, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Remove Family Features

Hello
    ChumpRB,

We'd like to know if you account is tagged as an adult? To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

. For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Features issues...

Hello
    MaverickRobot4670,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to disable family features. - Similar Threads - Unable disable family

2. Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account: Hello,I am getting a notice in Microsoft Edge that says "Sign in to send your requestYou need to sign back in to your Microsoft account so you can send your parent a request to view this page."This is a local admin account and there should be no enforcement of any web...
  3. Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Family Features for Local Admin Account: Hello,I am getting a notice in Microsoft Edge that says "Sign in to send your requestYou need to sign back in to your Microsoft account so you can send your parent a request to view this page."This is a local admin account and there should be no enforcement of any web...
  4. Family Features

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Features: I’m in a family with an inactive account as the organizer and I’m set as a child and can’t leave. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-features/fc8fe395-e44f-48d8-a890-d54d6e6b3a00
  5. family features

family features: How do i get rid of family features? Im not in a family group and i made sure i was alone and for some reason chrome is asking me to ask for more time when im not in a family group anymore. how do i get rid of this nuisance....
  6. Family Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Features: I've tried on my sons account to remove him and my account but on my account nothing pops up as if he is in my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-features/2b8a40e8-4b67-43b4-be7b-8c317117258f
  7. Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled

Microsoft Family Features - Disabling Access to Firefox Despite Being Disabled: I have completely disabled microsoft family features. Despite this, firefox still refuses to launch, with a dialogue box stating "you need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: firefox". The option of ask by email causes a "something went wrong" message, with the...
  8. How to disable microsoft family features?

How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...
  9. How to disable microsoft family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...
  10. Family Features

Family Features: Hello, my family uses Microsoft family features and whenever I download something I need my mothers password. I was wondering if there was a way she could enter her password from her phone as she does with time management. We are having some problems where I have to wait for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features disable

2. microsoft fmily featyures

3. disable microsoft family features

4. family features disable