Windows 10: Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu

Discus and support Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I followed the directions to use "forgot pin" method and leave fields blank but upon reboot Windows said "you don't have a PIN, let's set up one now".... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by YKry, Jan 15, 2021.

1. YKry Win User

Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu

I followed the directions to use "forgot pin" method and leave fields blank but upon reboot Windows said "you don't have a PIN, let's set up one now". It gave me no options to not set it up. I don't remember exact screens look but...

I tried to set it up but then I got stuck in an endless loop of "we sent you a code to your phone", me entering that code and then getting an error message "something went wrong, use other methods", but there were not other methods or they didn't work.

All this happened when I clicked on my name in the bottom left corner my user ID trying to creater a PIN for my user account.

I had to go through 2 Windows reinstall before for the same problem with Windows Edu. I just forgot the disaster I ended up with last times.

This time I however tried "add another user" or something like that below my name. I used my account login and password again, and it let me restore to my old account. Makes zero sense.

Is W-Edu broken or something? I had all the updates installed. It happened with 2 clean installs. The login password system appears to be broken has been for years?.

I'd like to remove the PIN but now I'm scared, it just going to lock me out forever and I'll lose all my software not to mention the hassle of reinstalling everything. Is Windows Edu officially broken and should I just leave it alone?

:)

2. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

as Microsoft has now decided that this lock screen is supposedly essential for your safety it is no longer possible to remove or disable it. the only way currently around this is to disable login all together. mind you this now makes your computer less secure
    than all the way back to windows XP which defeats the whole idea of logging on in the first place but as this is now our only option the steps are -

• Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run window.
    • Type netplwiz.

• Click OK.

Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu disable-lock-screen-w10-01.jpg

• Click your account within the Users for this computer field.

• Click the checkbox beside Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. so that the check disappears.

Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu disable-lock-screen-w10-02.jpg

• Click Apply.

• Type your password into both password fields.

Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu disable-lock-screen-w10-03.jpg

• Click OK.

• Click OK.

Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu disable-lock-screen-w10-04.jpg

Close any programs you have open and restart your computer. Voila! No more lock screen.

AnthonyGillXX, Jan 15, 2021
  4. nsmth Win User

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to disable lock screen PIN in W10 Edu - Similar Threads - Unable disable lock

2. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  3. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  4. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to disable pin history in pin complexity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable pin history in pin complexity: Hello, my computer was having a problem where it asks me to reset my pin after a certain period of time, as such i have went through a long list of pins and have become tired of doing this resetting my pin. I found that it was due to me linking my work account to the pc that...
  6. Unable to disable pin history in pin complexity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to disable pin history in pin complexity: Hello, my computer was having a problem where it asks me to reset my pin after a certain period of time, as such i have went through a long list of pins and have become tired of doing this resetting my pin. I found that it was due to me linking my work account to the pc that...
  7. Trying to defeat lock screen, PIN and Password W10 pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to defeat lock screen, PIN and Password W10 pro: 20H2 19042.804 Exp pack 120.2212.551.0 I just want to go directly to the desktop. The machine is only used for two web reference pages and my Ham Radio logging, the latest update has taken away the sleep option so the machine has to be turned off, but trying to delete...
  8. how to disable pin on lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to disable pin on lock screen?: Hello, Is it possible to remove the passcode upon laptop, windows 10, start up? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-on-lock-screen/e02b2fa0-ffc5-4b6a-87d2-7f1e88c9b4ef
  9. lock screen w10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lock screen w10: How can I get the screen to lock after 3 minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-w10/d88507e2-f433-4c02-b9fb-154b343bea0b"
  10. Disable the Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the Lock Screen?: Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks 6552