Windows 10: unable to disable mouse

Discus and support unable to disable mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the last update, unable to disable the mouse pointer with the external mouse connected, In the control panel and mouse then mouse properties the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JERRYBUIRGE, Sep 9, 2019.

1. unable to disable mouse

Since the last update, unable to disable the mouse pointer with the external mouse connected, In the control panel and mouse then mouse properties the device settings has disappeared which will not let me disable the mouse any help.

:)

JERRYBUIRGE, Sep 9, 2019

2. How to disable touchpad while accessing mouse on Dell Inspiron n7110 device running Windows 10?

Hi Bunny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about disabling touchpad while accessing the external mouse on your device. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the touchpad:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 9, 2019
  4. unable to disable mouse

Mouse

Hi,

Based on the description that you've provided, there are settings that we need to configure to disable mouse pad. Moreover, for us to help you with this concern, we need to get additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Any steps have you tried so far to disable the mouse pad?

Charianne Per, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

unable to disable mouse

1. unable to disable mouse - Similar Threads - unable disable mouse

2. Unable to Disable bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Disable bitlocker: I have purchased a new Samsung galaxy book pro 2 Brand new no previous owners. When plugging in external drive it prompts me to enter a 48 digit pin. Now i have access to the pin, the issue is that i cant disable bit locker i have tried through the cmd prompt and through...
  3. Unable to Disable bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Disable bitlocker: I have purchased a new Samsung galaxy book pro 2 Brand new no previous owners. When plugging in external drive it prompts me to enter a 48 digit pin. Now i have access to the pin, the issue is that i cant disable bit locker i have tried through the cmd prompt and through...
  4. Disable A Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable A Mouse: Hello everyone. I'm trying to use a mouse as a joystick. I can map movements from one of the 2 mice connected into vJoy without problem but i can't seem to prevent said mouse from moving pointer. vJoy can take raw input, so long as device is not disabled. Does anyone know a...
  5. Disable A Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable A Mouse: Hello everyone. I'm trying to use a mouse as a joystick. I can map movements from one of the 2 mice connected into vJoy without problem but i can't seem to prevent said mouse from moving pointer. vJoy can take raw input, so long as device is not disabled. Does anyone know a...
  6. Unable to disable touchpad when using mouse.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to disable touchpad when using mouse.: Why did Microsoft not allow touchpad to be disabled when using mouse? It is so idiotic!!! It is very frustrating. I will have to cover the touchpad with hard plastic or cardboard so as not to accidentally move the cursor....
  7. mouse not disabling touchpad

mouse not disabling touchpad: mouse not disabling touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-not-disabling-touchpad/1e36e4be-29f9-416e-b35b-679cbf16f790
  8. Unable to disable BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to disable BitLocker: Hi. I just accidentally bricked my computer with BitLocker after changing some boot settings. I have no idea what the 48 digit passcode is as I did not set it, and I don’t have a microsoft account on the computer that I can recover the code from. Is there ANY way at all that...
  9. Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen.

Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen.: I opened my laptop to a blue screen asking to select default language (not seen this before). Selected UK. Next screen indicated default OS as Windows rollback, so changed to Win 10. Now on startup am unable to access mouse or keyboard to login. I have saved all data in Safe...
  10. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. Unable to login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. Unable to login.: I opened my laptop to a blue screen asking to select default language (not seen this before). Selected UK. Next screen indicated default OS as Windows rollback, so changed to Win 10. Now on startup am unable to access mouse or keyboard to login. I have saved all data in Safe...