Windows 10: Unable to disable password on startup on Windows 10 Version 2004

Discus and support Unable to disable password on startup on Windows 10 Version 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi. Usually I disable the requirement to enter my password on startup by running the netplwiz command and unticking the box which says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ElshadKarbasi, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Unable to disable password on startup on Windows 10 Version 2004

Unable to disable password on startup on Windows 10 Version 2004 9hPjbiiiqEw5R0CsSVg2OBWlxpNrEpBPMy9A5-eNz9A.jpg

Hi. Usually I disable the requirement to enter my password on startup by running the netplwiz command and unticking the box which says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".

However after a recent update (now on Version 2004) the password prompt has reappeared each time on startup and the box has disappeared on netplwiz, as seen in the screenshot.

Does anyone know a workaround for this?

I am logged in using my Microsoft account, not a local account.

https://preview.redd.it/ddk7s9ncy0v...bp&s=6aecfbf93007b38fd538ca5509cfed75227e3e35

submitted by /u/ElshadKarbasi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ElshadKarbasi, Oct 24, 2020

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Unable to disable password on startup on Windows 10 Version 2004

How to disable Password prompt on Startup in Windows 10?

Hi Nate,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Have you tried performing the steps mentioned by SpiritX MS
    in the thread mentioned below?

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-disable-password-prompt-on-startup-in/4879c0e6-43e6-4a12-9ca3-e7fc91e20a31

I suggest you to follow the procedure and share the details about the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Unable to disable password on startup on Windows 10 Version 2004

1. Unable to disable password on startup on Windows 10 Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Unable disable password

2. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?: Windows specificationsEdition : Win 10 Pro Version : 20H2Installed on : 22/2/2021OS build : 19042.928 Experience : windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0I have windows 10 with configuration as above , I want to disable the password prompt every time I sign in to my...
  3. Windows 10, version 2004 is sluggish to startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, version 2004 is sluggish to startup: We got that rather large update and it goes into a grey screen for awhile. What do I do to speed this up? 172516
  4. Unable to update to Windows 10 Version 2004

Unable to update to Windows 10 Version 2004: I am running Windows 10 Version 1909 No antivirus, only Windows Defender BIOS and drivers are up to date Always reaches the 60% mark and then reboots and rolls back. Update history shows error0xC1900101 - x30018 Have run sfc /scannow - it found errors and fixed them. Update...
  5. Unable to update to Windows 10, version 2004

Unable to update to Windows 10, version 2004: I am trying to update but it gets to about 20%and stops with an error message...What needs your attention...and then “Uninstall this app now because it is incompatible with Windows 10” VMware Workstation ProNo-Op. I cannot find this app...
  6. Unable to Update to Windows Version 2004!

Unable to Update to Windows Version 2004!: Yesterday I tried to manually update my Windows 10 to Version 2004. But it showed the following: [ATTACH] and after clicking Fix Issues it shows the below: [ATTACH] I tried to troubleshoot that by Windows Update Troubleshooter but it didn't found anything that causes...
  7. Slow startup after updating Windows 10 to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow startup after updating Windows 10 to version 2004: I just did the Windows 10 update to version 2004. No after I sign in it takes 5 full minutes for anything to come up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-startup-after-updating-windows-10-to-version/69203dce-259b-4dce-81ee-a76fdb0ba8f7
  8. windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?: I used NetPlWiz to uncheck 'password required' and applied it entering my password, but now it still asks for pin/password and in addition shows a second account (with a white background instead of my account pic) but it has the same name, when I select it, it asks me to put...
  9. Unable to install Windows 10 Version 2004

Unable to install Windows 10 Version 2004: I'm trying to upgrade my version of Windows 10 to 2004 to enable wsl2. Here is the message that I see: This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC settings aren't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. Microsoft is working to support your settings soon. No...
  10. Unable to Install Windows 10 Version 2004

Unable to Install Windows 10 Version 2004: Hello, I was installing Windows 10 Version 2004 and after downloading and going through the install process the "what needs your attention" box popped up. The following message was shown, "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC setting aren't supported yet on...