Windows 10: Unable to disable text shadows

Discus and support Unable to disable text shadows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to disable text shadows in windows 10. I tried disabling them through here:[ATTACH] As you can see, the 'use drop shadows for icon labels on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Windows-098, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Unable to disable text shadows

I want to disable text shadows in windows 10. I tried disabling them through here: Unable to disable text shadows 9b1554fb-483c-479b-b1ba-ce0223fbf4bc?upload=true.png

As you can see, the 'use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop' and 'show shadows under windows' options are both disabled.

I am using the latest version of windows available. I apologize if it is an obvious mistake!

:)

Windows-098, Jun 20, 2020

2. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query In Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

The drop shadows on applications in the Windows 10 really big and suspiciously similar to the ones in OS X, and if they aren’t your speed, you can easily remove them. We actually think they look good, but since somebody out there won’t like them, here is
    how to disable them.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to Disable drop shadows.

• Alternatively you can use the Start Menu and search for “advanced system settings” and click on that item.
    • Go to the advanced tab and click the Settings
      button under Performance.
    • Find and uncheck “Show shadows under windows” and click
      Apply or OK
    • The drop shadows will immediately be removed.
    • As soon as you do, all drop shadow effects will be disabled, giving you a truly flat user interface.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 20, 2020
  3. JanxUK Win User
    unable to remove shadow on icon text on desktop windows 8.1

I am using Windows 8.1 and recently the text on the icons on my desktop now have a shadow. I looked throughout my settings and can't seem to find a way to remove them. Any suggestions please would be appreciated.

JanxUK, Jun 20, 2020
  4. SiddhN Win User

Unable to disable text shadows

Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the Registory Editor, but both the methods aren't working. I still see drop shadows on the labels. How do I disable
    them?

Thanks in advance.

SiddhN, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Unable to disable text shadows

1. Unable to disable text shadows - Similar Threads - Unable disable text

2. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  3. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  4. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  5. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  6. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  7. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  8. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  9. Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons: I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the Registory Editor, but both the methods aren't working. I still see drop shadows on the labels. How do I disable them? Thanks in...
  10. Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable drop shadows for desktop icons: I personally don't like the drop shadows for the labels on the desktop icons. I tried disabling it through the "Advanced System Settings" and the Registory Editor, but both the methods aren't working. I still see drop shadows on the labels. How do I disable them? Thanks in...