Windows 10: Unable to disable touchpad in windows 10

Discus and support Unable to disable touchpad in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When typing after installing Windows 10, the cursor keeps jumping whenever the keyboard touchpad is touched. In Windows 7 there was a utility to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jemmc, Feb 20, 2019.

1. jemmc Win User

Unable to disable touchpad in windows 10

When typing after installing Windows 10, the cursor keeps jumping whenever the keyboard touchpad is touched. In Windows 7 there was a utility to turn off the touchpad. It needs to be available in Windows 10. Is there currently a means for disabling the touchpad?

:)

jemmc, Feb 20, 2019

2. Unable to disable touchpad in Windows 10

Hi,

I would suggest you to try uninstalling the touchpad driver by following the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand mice and other pointing devices.

4. Right click on the touchpad driver and uninstall
    it.

5. Restart the system.

After uninstalling the touchpad driver and restart the computer, it will automatically re-install generic touchpad driver. However, you can disable the touchpad option from device manager.

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

If the issue still persist follow the link suggested by Seth on July 30, 2015 and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Cannot disable touchpad with Windows 10

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to disable touchpad in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable disable touchpad

2. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.: Yes, I went to settings and checked. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to device manager. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to the registry and checked every last thing and no, none of those disable it.Please I just want to be able to use my...
  3. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.: Yes, I went to settings and checked. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to device manager. I can't disable the touchpad in there.Yes, I went to the registry and checked every last thing and no, none of those disable it.Please I just want to be able to use my...
  4. Unable to disable ELAN touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to disable touchpad when using mouse.

Unable to disable touchpad when using mouse.: Why did Microsoft not allow touchpad to be disabled when using mouse? It is so idiotic!!! It is very frustrating. I will have to cover the touchpad with hard plastic or cardboard so as not to accidentally move the cursor....
  6. unable to disable touchpad on hp notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to disable touchpad on hp notebook: my touchpad is becoming unusable and it is interfering with my use of my laptop. it gets stuck and wont stop selecting things on the screen. i have no setting under touchpad settings besides changing the sensitivity and i have no way to disable it under device manager. this...
  7. Elan Touchpad on Windows 10, unable to disable middle click.

Elan Touchpad on Windows 10, unable to disable middle click.: I'm looking for help to disable middle click on my Elan Touchpad. When I right and left click at the same time it activates middle click. I want to turn this off as I want my computer to recognise my separate clicks so I can both click. All drivers are fully up to date and...
  8. unable to disable touchpad on Win 10 HP laptop

unable to disable touchpad on Win 10 HP laptop: Can't download Synaptics touchpad device control app from Microsoft store so I'm looking for a solution! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-disable-touchpad-on-win-10-hp-laptop/f65398fb-0eca-497d-9e2e-7fa43cab1383
  9. Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10

Disabling the touchpad in Windows 10: I can't find the setting for disabling the touchpad. I looked in the settings for both the touchpad and the mouse. From what I read, there is supposed to be a setting for the mouse that says "Disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in" or something like that, but that...
  10. disable touchpad windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disable touchpad windows 10: I had disabled my touchpad because I use a mouse. Now it is back again and can't seem to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad-windows-10/f0f064aa-00de-46b0-81cb-41bff3fe0605

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to disable touchpad windows 10

2. disable touchpad on windows 10

3. ease of access touchpad settings

4. disable lenovo touchpad windows 10,
  5. disable touchpad issues windows 10,
  6. cant disable touchpad,
  7. disable pointer pad windows 10,
  8. windows cant disable touch pad,
  9. unable to disable touch pad,
  10. cant disable touchpad after update,
  11. unable to disable asus touchpad,