Windows 10: Unable to disable windows defender?

Discus and support Unable to disable windows defender? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ficon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu9eti/unable_to_disable_windows_defender/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ficon, Apr 3, 2020.

1. /u/Ficon Win User

Unable to disable windows defender?

/u/Ficon, Apr 3, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

Unable to disable windows defender? [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2020
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Unable to disable windows defender?

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to disable windows defender?

1. Unable to disable windows defender? - Similar Threads - Unable disable defender

2. Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff: I have had a lot of problems on my computer for a while and I simply don't know how to fix them cause how hard I tried it wouldn't work, I tried resetting my pc but it wouldn't work. I can't do anything, even tho my profile is set as admin. Could anyone help me out...
  3. Unable to Disable Defender intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Disable Defender intune: I enrolled a workstation into intune and it automatically enabled Defender even though another antivirus provider is already installed. I since created a policy to disable to the defender and disable tamper protect. The policies apply successfully to the work station. When...
  4. Unable to Disable Defender intune

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Disable Defender intune: I enrolled a workstation into intune and it automatically enabled Defender even though another antivirus provider is already installed. I since created a policy to disable to the defender and disable tamper protect. The policies apply successfully to the work station. When...
  5. Unable to Disable Defender intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to disable Windows Defender on 1909

Unable to disable Windows Defender on 1909: Hello! I'm using Windows 10 1909, Version 10.0.18363, Build 18363. I am unable to turn off Windows Defender permanently. I followed this guide: How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 and none of the methods work. I have turned off tamper protection...
  7. Unable to permanently disable Defender.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to permanently disable Defender.: I have already tried disabling it through regedit and gpedit.msc. I’m on Windows 10 Pro 1909, but it is still on even after restarting. Any clues? submitted by /u/Szyszka420 [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to disable Windows Defender?: I am adjusting the Group Policy for "Turn off Windows Defender" to 'Enabled' but the service continues to run, and I see the process in Task Manager, even after reboot. Any idea how to completely disable Defender? submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Defender WD Unable to Disable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender WD Unable to Disable: There seems to be a new paradigm of security for the Windows Defender services. Even when I use SETTINGS to disable tampering / etc and even when I change ownership of registry keys I still cannot set the Defender services to disable (start = 4). It now appears Defender...
  10. Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start: Hi, The windows defender in my pc is disabled and isn't starting up. It just shows that the app is turned off and isnt monitoring your system. The windows security center is also disabled. I tried manually enabling it from the services app and it got enabled but it gets...