Windows 10: Unable to display current owner - path not found

Discus and support Unable to display current owner - path not found in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have inherited a computer that I've had now for a year. There is a drive Q:\ that I just can't access. I've tried advanced option under security tab... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lady2012lv, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Unable to display current owner - path not found

I have inherited a computer that I've had now for a year. There is a drive Q:\ that I just can't access. I've tried advanced option under security tab in properties. When I do the takeown command prompt it says path not found Q:\.
    I have tried it using the name of the directory as well and gotten nowhere. Please help.

:)

Lady2012lv, Jun 16, 2017
  2. KTM21 Win User

"Unable to display current owner", "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings"

Hi,

I downloaded an installer for a youtube downloader and I'm not sure why this problem occurred. Basically I wan't to delete the file but when I try to I get, "You need permission to perform this action". When I try to change the owner I get, "You do not have
    permission to view or edit this object's permission settings". What do I have to do to be able to delete this file?

Thanks

KTM21, Jun 16, 2017
  3. "Unable to display current owner", "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings"

Hi,

Limited access on your settings and files can be caused by a deleted admin user on the account. Regarding this concern, you can try to follow the steps provided by user MatthewRiley on this
    thread to resolve your concern.

Do not hesitate to give us updates regarding your concern.

Arthur Rui, Jun 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Unable to display current owner - path not found

Hi, please post a screenshot of Disk Management (Windows key + X, click Disk Management)
    to post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon)

dalchina, Jun 17, 2017
  5. I'm sorry for inconveniencing anyone. I just found the answer. It is a drive created by click and run office download.

Lady2012lv, Jun 17, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It's not an inconvenience @Lady2012lv, it helps increase the knowledge base here. Mark the thread 'Solved' so others can learn.

BTW, there's a trick that lets you see what's on the Q: drive, if you're curious. Open one of the 'Click to run' office apps, like Excel. Now use 'File > Open'. You now have an Explorer window that has full access to the Q: drive, by virtue of being a 'click to run' app that lives there *Smile

Unable to display current owner - path not found [​IMG]

More on how 'Click to Run' works here...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...or-office-2010

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to display current owner - path not found

1. Unable to display current owner - path not found - Similar Threads - Unable display current

2. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  3. the network path was not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the network path was not found: hope bnthis helps someoneok after days and days i got it a simple fix for me my nas is connected to my router finaly i changed setting to local network fixed everything...
  4. We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive: Hello.I've been trying to save new apps to my D:\ drive, but for some reason it gives me this error.When I try to give myself permissions to the D drive D:\WindowsApps -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced, it says "Unable to display current owner", and when I press change I...
  5. We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive: Hello.I've been trying to save new apps to my D:\ drive, but for some reason it gives me this error.When I try to give myself permissions to the D drive D:\WindowsApps -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced, it says "Unable to display current owner", and when I press change I...
  6. File path not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File path not found: every time i try to install something from chrome it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-found/1932df6e-2068-4c52-8890-56abac99f819
  7. Path was not found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Path was not found: Hi everyone ! I have a problem with my drive network. Since the last 2004 update I'm unable to access my drive network. Error : " the path was not found" I can ping it, but there is no way to map it (with ip or name). If I go back to the 1909 version, it works. If anyone got...
  8. Path not found

Path not found: Hi, How can I fix the error message "path not found"? I am copying/ moving files from one external HD to another, and the error message pops up frequently. It happens also with files that sit in the OneDrive cloud and are available on my device that I need to copy to an...
  9. network path not found

network path not found: error code 0x80070035 path not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-path-not-found/8ebdc367-89ab-495a-816e-6321d6df8b0a
  10. Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unable to display current owner error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]All users operating a system might not have access to each and every file and folder. The owner of the file (usually the Administrator) has the right to modify the permissions. However, at times, in the File Properties, users may [...] This post Fix Unable...