Windows 10: Unable to do a back-up

Discus and support Unable to do a back-up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to back up to an external hard drive without any success I have not been able to backup once this year, although had no problems last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JenniferRooks, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Unable to do a back-up

I am trying to back up to an external hard drive without any success I have not been able to backup once this year, although had no problems last year. I thought that it was because of lack of space on my external hard drive, so I have bought a new one that has 931 GB. I get into Overview and as far as 'Back up Now' but the result is a blue circle of dots and then Cancel appears. I contacted Microsoft chat, and was told that it was because of corrupted files and I had to reload Windows 10, which I have done, but still with no progress. Exactly the same thing happens - blue dots and then Cancel. Then, trying a different tactic, I go into File History and try to copy files to the external hard drive, I get the error message "We cant copy files to your File History Drive. Failed to initiate user data backup error 80070005".

Help! I dont know what to do next.

:)

JenniferRooks, Apr 4, 2021

2. Fake Java Update pop-up appearing on Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for responding quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply:

• Did you go through the link suggested in the above post?
    • Which part of the steps are you unable to carry out?

The article shared above lists the steps in a user friendly manner. I suggest you to go through the steps from the link above and write to us for with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Unable to do a back-up

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Unable to do a back-up

1. Unable to do a back-up - Similar Threads - Unable

2. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  3. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver: I am unable to connect to my ethernet despite the cabel being plugged in. The adapter shows in device manager yet in the Network Connections window nothing is there. I have tried network reset, command prompts and other items yet nothing seems to bring back my adapter so I...
  4. Unable to connect to Ethernet and activate driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. i am unable to activate my windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i am unable to activate my windows: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-activate-my-windows/f55af4c1-4272-4532-b330-07662a760d1b
  6. i am unable to activate my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to activate my windows: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-activate-my-windows/f55af4c1-4272-4532-b330-07662a760d1b
  7. i am unable to activate my windows

8. windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied: Hi All, I am having great difficulty solving this problem. sharing no longer works on my window 11 machine. I get the error "your folder cannot be shared" I have taken ownership of the object. I went into advance sharing made sure I have full control I go to apply the share...
  9. windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied

windows 11 unable to create a share Access denied: Hi All, I am having great difficulty solving this problem. sharing no longer works on my window 11 machine. I get the error "your folder cannot be shared" I have taken ownership of the object. I went into advance sharing made sure I have full control I go to apply the share...
  10. Poly V5200 connects fine to Bluetooth on new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I'm unable to connect...

Poly V5200 connects fine to Bluetooth on new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I'm unable to connect...: I have both the Poly V5200 and PLT V5200 Bluetooth headsets. Both connect fine to Bluetooth on a new Dell Windows 11 laptop. I was able to get the PLT connected as a sound input and output device, but I'm unable to connect the Poly V5200 for either input or output. Both...