Windows 10: Unable to do a Windows 10 update

Discus and support Unable to do a Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my notebook PC, when I try to do a Windows update it never downloads them. What is a workaround for this problem? [img] 59671 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mobile1, Aug 9, 2016.

1. mobile1 Win User

Unable to do a Windows 10 update

On my notebook PC, when I try to do a Windows update it never downloads them.

What is a workaround for this problem?

Unable to do a Windows 10 update [​IMG]

:)

mobile1, Aug 9, 2016

2. Unable to do a backup on windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues related to your data backup. Let me help you resolve the issue.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, I would like to ask you a few questions.

• Can you see any error message or error code on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the article created by Andre Da Costa, and check if it helps you.

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/how-to-manually-backup-and-restore-your-files/45859954-c9c3-403f-b997-e96c8e001963

Also kindly refer the article from the link below and check if it helps:

Learn more about system image backup

Hope it helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 9, 2016
  3. LG123W Win User
    Unable to do a backup on windows 10.

unable to do a backup on windows 10. cant find shadow copy.

original Title: backup

LG123W, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

The mention of the notebook PC suggests maybe trying with an Ethernet cable to the Router instead of Wi-Fi/Wireless, would be more reliable. I've had a couple I had to do that way.

Berton, Aug 9, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    You could try the Windows Update troubleshooter. (Settings, search for troubleshooter)

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  6. mobile1 Win User
    That program shuts down my PC whenever I run it. And it has not improved the download.

mobile1, Aug 9, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ok, you need to start thinking about fixing your PC. Something's wrong.

Start with
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

Then again from an admin command prompt, run
    sfc /scannow
    and post back the result.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to do a Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Unable update

2. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  3. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  4. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  5. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  6. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  7. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  8. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates: I'm experiencing difficulties with Windows Update on my system. Whenever I attempt to run Windows Update, I encounter error code "0x80246008." Despite trying various troubleshooting steps found online, I've been unable to resolve the issue.Error Message: Error code:...
  10. Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates

Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates: I'm experiencing difficulties with Windows Update on my system. Whenever I attempt to run Windows Update, I encounter error code "0x80246008." Despite trying various troubleshooting steps found online, I've been unable to resolve the issue.Error Message: Error code:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is code 789:57:13 in duration for tones in itunes

2. unable to do windows updates