Windows 10: Unable to do anything as administrator

Discus and support Unable to do anything as administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been playing Genshin Impact which required admin permissions to run and worked fine for about a month. One time when I shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Soham D, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Soham D Win User

Unable to do anything as administrator

Hello,

I have been playing Genshin Impact which required admin permissions to run and worked fine for about a month. One time when I shut down my laptop and tried to play it again, it would show this error.

Unable to do anything as administrator f02657b5-411f-489b-a94e-759424d6518c?upload=true.png

I tried multiple restarts and have done all recommended system updates but the problem persisted. When I tried to run command prompt as admin to try some solutions posted on the internet, it wouldn't let me do that either and I realized the issue is with windows admin permissions for me.

Unable to do anything as administrator 0096b6f2-bc47-4181-8861-b8d2fe85a299?upload=true.png

I did nothing out of the blue so I'm not sure how this issue has come up but any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Soham D, Dec 18, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 18, 2020
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Unable to do anything as administrator

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to do anything as administrator

1. Unable to do anything as administrator - Similar Threads - Unable anything administrator

2. unable to do anything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to do anything on my computer: So I logged off my computer and there was no problems at all. I come back two days later. I turn on my computer and it ends up getting stuck on a black screen with loading wheel and the mouse Cursor Symbole...the symbol flickers when I move it around and when I hit a certain...
  3. unable to do anything on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to do anything on my computer: So I logged off my computer and there was no problems at all. I come back two days later. I turn on my computer and it ends up getting stuck on a black screen with loading wheel and the mouse Cursor Symbole...the symbol flickers when I move it around and when I hit a certain...
  4. unable to do anything on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot do anything as an administrator, despite being an administrator!: I am trying to make some changes on my laptop that require me to be an Administrator, which I am on both my Microsoft and Local Account. Despite trying both of these options, neither of them is allowing me to action the changes and still advising I require administrator...
  6. administrator not doing anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    administrator not doing anything: hi i wanted to run a setup to install a game but when i run it i have to do the administrator think and after that it does nothing but i already installed it earlier but deleted it and then i worked so how do i fix this i am using windows 10 see the video how it looks...
  7. Unable to run anything as administrator even though I am the only administrator on my pc

Unable to run anything as administrator even though I am the only administrator on my pc: Every time i try to run ANYTHING as administrator, not hing happens. Ive tried every solution there was. Is this a common bug that is going around with the new update? Please if anyone knows how to fix this let me know....
  8. Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.

Unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.: Following clean install of Windows 10 v1909 (Build 18363.476) x64, I am unable to run anything that requires 'Administrator' privileges.' even though my account says I have them. [ATTACH]...
  9. unable to install windows or do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to install windows or do anything: Hello, I kinda messed it up. It starts like this. Today I was working on upacking file with ollydbg and i download one more file (which required administration access) and while running it my laptop restated (like i pressed restart button from start menu). After restarting...
  10. Unable To Do Anything On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable To Do Anything On Windows 10: So this morning i woke up early to go to the doctor. i had time before i left so i played a game of counter strike. After the game, i turned my pc off and went to the doctor. When i got home i turned my pc on to find these errors An X Over My Audio Icon An X Over My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. genshin impact admin permission