Windows 10: Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar

Discus and support Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook through a Win Update prompt.The language bar automatically appeared in the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by arvipat, Mar 8, 2022.

1. arvipat Win User

Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar

I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook through a Win Update prompt.The language bar automatically appeared in the top right corner - floating. I failed to dock it in the taskbar; on checking in Settings -> Time & Language -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings -> Language bar options -> Language bar tab, i found the 'Docked in the taskbar' option grayed out.Request advise how to make the 'Docked in the taskbar' option available in the Language bar tab of the Language bar options.Thanks.

:)

arvipat, Mar 8, 2022

2. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared in the taskbar:

Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar [​IMG]

This wastes space on the taskbar. I would rather use that space to display other things. I only want the floating language bar, but I can't find settings anywhere to remove the taskbar langage display.
    If I minimize the floating language bar, I end up with both language bars on the taskbar:

Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

This is Windows 10 64-bit. I just installed Cumulative Update 1803, but this problem has existed for at least a few weeks.

ChochoYubi, Mar 8, 2022
  3. Kahel13 Win User
    Language Bar

Hi Jada Rae,

If you don't see the Language bar, do the following to check to see if the Language bar is hidden:

In Windows 10 and Windows 8

1. Press the Windows logo key and type Control to search for the Control Panel app.
    2. Click Control Panel.
    3. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change input methods.
    4. Click Advanced settings.
    5. Under Switching input methods, select the Use the desktop language bar when it’s available check box, and then click Options.
    6. Office 2016 Windows 8 Switching Input Methods.
    7. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab, and make sure that either the Floating On Desktop or the Docked in the taskbar option is selected.
    8. Office 2016 Windows 8 Text Services & Input Languages.

In Windows 7

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click Change keyboard or other input methods.
    3. In the Region and Language dialog box, click Change keyboards.
    4. In the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box, click the Language Bar tab.
    5. Language Bar tab
    6. Under Language Bar, check if the Hidden option is selected. If it is, select either Floating on Desktop or Docked in the taskbar.

Source

Hope this helps.

Kahel13, Mar 8, 2022
  4. Sanhime Win User

Dock or second taskbar in Win7 64bit?

I'm trying to find a way to add a 2nd taskbar (not toolbar) in Win7 64bit or a program (with 64bit support) that will add a dock/taskbar. Trying to add more bar(s) similar to how linux look/function. Any ideas?

Sanhime, Mar 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Unable dock language

2. Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled: Hello,My problem is that it disappeared from the task bar suddenly and that "Docked in the taskbar" is greyed out. When I start an application and it asks me for administrative rights, I can see the "bar" on the top right corner where it says "English US etc." but it looks...
  3. Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't dock language bar on taskbar Use the language bar when available enabled: Hello,My problem is that it disappeared from the task bar suddenly and that "Docked in the taskbar" is greyed out. When I start an application and it asks me for administrative rights, I can see the "bar" on the top right corner where it says "English US etc." but it looks...
  4. Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out: Hi,There are 3 options: Floating On DesktopDocked in the taskbarHiddenHowever, the docked option is greyed out. How can I get it docked in taskbar?Thanks...
  5. Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out

Windows 11 language bar "docked in the taskbar" greyed out: Hi,There are 3 options: Floating On DesktopDocked in the taskbarHiddenHowever, the docked option is greyed out. How can I get it docked in taskbar?Thanks...
  6. For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options: For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options. See the image below, the alternative is disabled. I just wanted to try out having it floating on desktop, and now I can't switch back......
  7. For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options

For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options: For some reason I can't choose the option "Docked in the taskbar" for the Language Bar options. See the image below, the alternative is disabled. I just wanted to try out having it floating on desktop, and now I can't switch back......
  8. Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to dock language bar in the taskbar: I just upgraded to Win 11 from Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron 15 notebook through a Win Update prompt.The language bar automatically appeared in the top right corner - floating. I failed to dock it in the taskbar; on checking in Settings -> Time & Language -> Typing -> Advanced...
  9. Language bar disappears from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar disappears from taskbar: I tried many times to fix the problem through language setting and audio play troubleshoot and language bar appears on the taskbar. But once I sign out, language icon disappears. I know by pressing Microsoft logo and space, I get the languages I installed. Some advise to...
  10. Extra language bar appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra language bar appearing in taskbar: I often switch between languages while typing, so I always set the language bar to be visible and floating on the desktop. This makes it more convenient to change language options while working, and saves space on the taskbar. But recently an extra language bar has appeared...