Windows 10: Unable to download a certain file.

Discus and support Unable to download a certain file. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently been trying to download this file. <potentially hazardous file removed by VM> It is an exploit for an online game I play. Sadly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoshuaSaylon, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Unable to download a certain file.

Hello, I've recently been trying to download this file. <potentially hazardous file removed by VM> It is an exploit for an online game I play. Sadly it keeps getting blocked/denied due to the reason of having a potential virus. I've already scanned it and it's a false positive. However I don't know how to work my way around downloading this. May someone please help?

:)

JoshuaSaylon, Aug 10, 2018

2. Unable to download certain applications

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

• Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    • Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

• Click the Start button
    • Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 10, 2018
  4. HossWTC Win User

Unable to download a certain file.

Unable to download

Is there something wrong with the server providing the download for SysTool? I'm unable to download the application using Firefox or IE.

Are there any mirrors?

Thanks.

HossWTC, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Unable to download a certain file.

1. Unable to download a certain file. - Similar Threads - Unable download certain

2. Unable to open certain files on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open certain files on external hard drive: I am not able to open my most recent photos and videos I uploaded to my external hard drive. There is a lock on all the recent files. When i try to open them i get a error message saying I need permission from everyone to make changes to the device. I am using the same...
  3. Unable to open certain files on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open certain files on external hard drive: I am not able to open my most recent photos and videos I uploaded to my external hard drive. There is a lock on all the recent files. When i try to open them i get a error message saying I need permission from everyone to make changes to the device. I am using the same...
  4. Unable to download an executable file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  5. Unable to download an executable file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download an executable file.: I am trying to download Turbotax2021. This a executable file which needs SetUp.exe access. However Windows 10 that I presently have does not allow downloading an Executable file. WHAT SHOULD I DO.?...
  6. Unable to download an executable file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to open downloaded files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open downloaded files: Suddenly today I am unable to open any downloaded item. I get the message: Windows cannot find 'C:\users....jpg'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. Any ideas?...
  8. unable to download certain word files

unable to download certain word files: Hi, Just got a new laptop. I'm getting this message when I try to open Word docs that are attached to my work e-mail: [ATTACH] Unable to access these irrespective of which e-mail I try to open them from. How do I change file permissions?...
  9. i want to permission to download certain apps and files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i want to permission to download certain apps and files: my laptop does not allow me to download certain apps. i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-permission-to-download-certain-apps-and/bcc7b9ec-a72e-4e5f-92ed-976d20fae944
  10. Cannot Download a certain file

Cannot Download a certain file: I was trying to download an iso file that was 6.2 GB on a 2TB HDD. The download resulted as a fail and it reported as "Disk Full" as the error, even though there was nothing on the drive. PLEASE HELP...