Windows 10: Unable to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Unable to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Laptop was last able to update on 20 April 2020. It checks for updates and then gives me the following message. "There were some problems installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Avotjie, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Avotjie Win User

Unable to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates

My Laptop was last able to update on 20 April 2020. It checks for updates and then gives me the following message. "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005" I've tried running various fixes found on the Internet via Command Prompt, but to no avail. Is anyone else having this problem? I've also sent messages to Microsoft, but haven't received any feedback yet. My laptop is still new received in March 2020, Dell Inspiron 3850 i7. It came with McAfee installed as anti-virus - could this be the problem?

:)

Avotjie, Jun 17, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 17, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Unable to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Unable Download Install

2. Unable to download latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download latest windows 10 update: Hi so i recently checked to see if i had to update my windows 10 and when i check it took an like 3 minutes to tell me if it was up to date or not and it says "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. if you keep seeing this and want to search...
  3. Unable to download or install updates

Unable to download or install updates: Hello, I've had problems with Windows Update for a few days and can't figure out how to resolve them. I'm getting the following error from Windows Update: "There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the...
  4. Unable to Download windows updates

Unable to Download windows updates: Whenever I try to perform windows updates on my laptop that is currently version 1903. I receive the updates, but I am unable to download them let alone install. They just go through the process of going to update, but end up at "Pending Download". I have tried searching many...
  5. unable to download and install latest windows updates

unable to download and install latest windows updates: i am unable to download quality updates and fixes my pc was last updated on 12 7 2019 after that each time i click on search for windows update it shows error code 0x80080005 ... i also talked to virtual agent of microsoft but i was not satisfied after 4 hrs of solutions done...
  6. Unable to install windows 10 updates

Unable to install windows 10 updates: For the last few months cumulative windows 10 updates have been failing with the error 0x80071129 this has happened on the latest KB4480966. I am running windows 10 Home version 1803 64 bit. I have searched for the error but only found references to windows home server and...
  7. windows 10 unable to install updates

windows 10 unable to install updates: my windows 10 is not being able to install all the updates why? please do something to solve this problem. and beside this it does not link with any other sites when I log in any websites...
  8. Unable to install update for Windows 10

Unable to install update for Windows 10: Hi, I am facing an error on my system while trying to update with error code 0x80072efd which is preventing me to install an update. This has resulted in my system becoming very slow. Please help!...
  9. Unable to install downloads.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install downloads.: When I try to download ITunes, I get a successful note from ITunes,but then a pop up says error7 error(win5)so it wont work. I am also unable to reload my Kaspersky anti virus,with my CD,I get a message saying app was not installed. Any ideas please. 35884
  10. Windows 10 unable to download/instal

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 unable to download/instal: I have windows 8.1 fully licensed. I got the windows 10 app, i completed the reservation, the download started (my internet speed is 54 kbps) so it took quite a while to finish. now the 3rd part that is upgrade.. it also says available. So i click on OK, Lets Continue.. a...