Windows 10: Unable to download and open files from the internet

Discus and support Unable to download and open files from the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grace Sullivan, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Unable to download and open files from the internet

I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of file i try to download this happens: I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this issue as i've tried everything I can think of/have seen on the internet and nothing has worked. e.g. checking lan settings, disabling firewall, checking internet connections, trying on different browsers, restarting chrome/laptop I

:)

Grace Sullivan, Aug 27, 2021

2. Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Unable to download and open files from the internet

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

Unable to download and open files from the internet

1. Unable to download and open files from the internet - Similar Threads - Unable download open

2. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't open files downloaded from the internet: few weeks ago I have noticed that i can't seem to open files downloaded from the internet. These files include PDF, Word.doc, images of different format jpg, pnp etc..1. No error message, just nothing happens.2. Preview works3. Not just newly downloaded files but also very...
  3. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open files downloaded from the internet: few weeks ago I have noticed that i can't seem to open files downloaded from the internet. These files include PDF, Word.doc, images of different format jpg, pnp etc..1. No error message, just nothing happens.2. Preview works3. Not just newly downloaded files but also very...
  4. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When opening files not launching associated program if it was downloaded from the internet.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When opening files not launching associated program if it was downloaded from the internet.: This started a week or two ago. Nothing but windows updates and normal user activities have been performed on this system. When Opening files are not launching the associated program if it was downloaded from the internet. Though if the "Blocked" flag has been turned off or...
  6. Unable to download and open files from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  7. Unable to open downloaded files

Unable to open downloaded files: Suddenly today I am unable to open any downloaded item. I get the message: Windows cannot find 'C:\users....jpg'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. Any ideas?...
  8. Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download...

Unable to open web pages from within MS Outlook, Internet Explorer opens the download...: Dear All, I have new new laptop with Windows `10 Enterprise and use Internet Explorer 11 as my default browser. I am often emailed web pages as attachments to emails. I used to be able to open these web pages in Internet Explorer fine before I got this new laptop (previous...
  9. Unable to open downloaded Zip Files

Unable to open downloaded Zip Files: Hi all, I recently installed windows 10 on the computer. However, when I download a folder from One Drive web onto my desktop - I am unable to open the file. The error shown is that it is unable to track the location of the Zip folder as per the current location. Please...
  10. Downloading files from the Internet.

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading files from the Internet.: I would be very grateful if someone could advise me if it is considered safe to download OCX files from ocxDump.com website. If not is there a safe free website from which OCX files can be obtained. Thanks 64341