Windows 10: Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previously when I was on Windows 8, I was able to download and view videos in Netflix, etc. However after I installed the Windows 10 Home in my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngelineChiao, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home

Previously when I was on Windows 8, I was able to download and view videos in Netflix, etc. However after I installed the Windows 10 Home in my new laptop recently, I was not able to download and view any videos on Netflix, etc. anymore. When I troubleshoot the Video Playback, I was told that HEVC Codec was not installed. Is this really the case? Please advise. Thanks.

:)

AngelineChiao, Jul 13, 2021
  2. shaptoni Win User

Unable to play YouTube or Netflix

Since upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro I am now unable to play YouTube or Netflix

I am using a Lenovo Yoga Book Windows version 10.0.18363

Netflix Error U7361-1253-800705AA (app)

Netflix Error H7361-1253-800705AA​ (edge browser)

YouTube Error JDSEu8jhH639FHdh (edge browser)

Netflix say:

If you experience the error code U7361-1253-800705AA on your Windows 10 computer, it typically indicates that your system requires an update. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.​
    • Perform Windows updates​
    - this is what caused the issue and i am now on the latest version

• If you are using the Windows 10 N or Windows 10 KN edition, we suggest downloading the Windows Media Feature Pack.
    - this is not applicable for my version

Can anyone help?

Thanks

shaptoni, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to install Netflix in Windows 10 it says "working.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

As you mentioned that you’re trying to install Netflix from Windows Store but it showing as working but it’s not installing.

I suggest you to run Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store app
      to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home

Netflix

Hi Zeroequalsone,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Through which browser are you accessing Netflix?

Try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to view the video on Netflix website in compatibility view and check if it helps.

Try to open the Netflix website in compatibility mode on Internet Explorer 10. Follow the steps:

a) Open Internet Explorer 11 on the desktop screen.

b) Press Alt key on the keyboard to enable the menu bar if it is disabled on the browser.

c) Click on Tools option.

d) Click on Compatibility View settings.

e) Add the website address of the website which you are using to watch the videos online.

f) Click on Add.

g) Click on Close.

Method 2: I suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Select Check for Update.
    • Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

If the issue still persists, try this:

Method 3: Update the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home

1. Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Unable download view

2. Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home and...: Despite installing the Windows 10 Home and HEVC codec, I am still not able to download and view any videos on Netflix, etc. There is also no troubleshooting issue. Does anyone have the same issue like me? If yes, please share what I can do. This is so frustrating after...
  3. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).: So basically issue comes when going fullscreen on yt/netflix on chrome the taskbar still shows at the bottom. Already tried restarting pc, restarting explorer.exe (this used to work when i sometimes got the issue), alt tab a couple times, double click windows button, these...
  4. Unable to install Netflix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Netflix: Split from this thread. I have the same question, I even reinstalled the Op system I am running version 1903 OSbuild 18362.592. I have a touch screen and when I try to install netflix is does nothing I have been dealing with this issue since yesterday and I have tried...
  5. How to fix Video and Audio not in sync YouTube, Netflix, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix Video and Audio not in sync YouTube, Netflix, etc.: How to fix that the video and audio of videos that I watch on both Netflix and YouTube, and also Crunchyroll keep getting out of sync after playing the video for a while. Sometimes it's not 'til 10-15min after, but sometimes it's only 3-5minutes for it to get out of sync, and...
  6. Netflix/Video Popup View Stutter on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix/Video Popup View Stutter on Windows 10?: TLDR: When I play Netflix or any video in popup view (via the app) on my Windows 10 PC it stutters and freezes constantly unless I click back to it. Full: I've a ASUS tower with Windows 10 and 16 GB of RAM, 3TB hardrive and an AMD Radeon RX 480 graphics card. I only have one...
  7. Windows 10 Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags

Windows 10 Videos On Youtube, Netflix etc. Audio Out of Sync Lags: A lot of people have been complaining (myself included) about how Microsoft and/or Realtek are not addressing the audio sync audio across the board in every browser when using Youtube or other services using a streaming service. Here is the current fix I have used, and...
  8. Netflix not downloading after windows 10 update

Netflix not downloading after windows 10 update: This is more of a "help" to others who having same problem. After countless full days of trying to fix the problem with NOTHING helping - the ONLY way i found to fix it was to start completwly over. And i dont mean uninstalling netflix and reinstlling. Did that i dunno how...
  9. Unable to view video files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to view video files on Windows 10: Good day, I was able to view mp4 and mkv files with VLC player. No change was made to the software and no update, and today there is no possibility for me do view any video files. It happened before couple of times, it's the weather I would guess... How can I make this...
  10. Unable view personal videos windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable view personal videos windows 10: Hi In Windows 7,I had some personal videos saved in my documents.I upgraded to Windows 10. The videos are still in My Documents ,but unable to view them. Any help would be appreciated,on how to get to view them again. NOTE:... I'm not a young gun computer savy person (...