Windows 10: Unable to download ANY files: Error "file contains virus and was deleted" Old solution...

Discus and support Unable to download ANY files: Error "file contains virus and was deleted" Old solution... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I see that this issue was posted before but the most recent solution was from 2013 and not working for me. I was trying to download an upgrade to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TracyH4, Jan 12, 2020.

1. TracyH4 Win User

Unable to download ANY files: Error "file contains virus and was deleted" Old solution...

I see that this issue was posted before but the most recent solution was from 2013 and not working for me. I was trying to download an upgrade to Quicken and Malware Bytes but keep recieving the above noted error.

Help!!

Thanks

Tracy

:)

TracyH4, Jan 12, 2020
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Steevo Win User
    Virus file problem

1) The virus is in a protected system file.
    2) The system restore files are protected and remain resident untill you disable the system restore.
    3) They are deleted during a reboot.
    4) You may then re-enable system restore.
    5) POW!!!

Steevo, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Demos_sav Win User

Unable to download ANY files: Error "file contains virus and was deleted" Old solution...

Cannot delete files in Temp

I have that same problem. But the file I want to delete contains viruses too. I tried everything you said but nothing works. Could you please send me the secure deleter you wrote?

Demos_sav, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to download ANY files: Error "file contains virus and was deleted" Old solution... - Similar Threads - Unable download files

2. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  3. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  4. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to delete a file that contains a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a file that contains a virus?: when i try to delete the file it says"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file, if you receivethis error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problemError code: 0x800700E1I'm using windows 11...
  6. how to delete a file that contains a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete a file that contains a virus?: when i try to delete the file it says"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file, if you receivethis error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problemError code: 0x800700E1I'm using windows 11...
  7. Folder containing files deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder containing files deleted: I was moving my desktop folder to another drive and a folder containing important files got deleted. I found the folder was in another folder called $recycle.bin but I do not know how to access it....
  8. downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted": I think this is an older problem, but somehow I am just noticing it. Anytime I try to download, save, save as, etc something from an email, the info comes back with "...…… contained a virus and was deleted". Super frustrating especially when I know these are safe files!!!!...
  9. false,download contained a virus and was deleted,fix

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    false,download contained a virus and was deleted,fix: false, download contained a virus and was deleted ,fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/falsedownload-contained-a-virus-and-was-deletedfix/8ad8e3b2-7fd7-4590-a656-56b555bb7b37
  10. Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted": Hi all, Very recently my computer started to not accept downloads. It's VERY frustrating because this has never happened before. It's affecting my school since I can't download certain assignments and I can't even download Norton Security. I've attempted downloading from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. contained a virus and was deleted edge fix