Windows 10: Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps

Discus and support Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have this pervasive error (0x8007177E) that I just cannot get rid of. It stops my downloads every single time. I've attempted to download Halo Reach,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/groupmage, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps

I have this pervasive error (0x8007177E) that I just cannot get rid of. It stops my downloads every single time. I've attempted to download Halo Reach, Sea of Thieves, and Outer Worlds, but I keep getting the same error. I've tried wsreset.exe, reinstalling Windows 10 Home with all my apps and settings, signing in and out of the Windows Store, but nothing. I've just bought the Game Pass but I can't download anything because I keep getting the same error. I'm not sure what else to do!

From researching around the Internet this error (0x8007177E) has something to do with my partitions not supporting EFS. But why would they need to support EFS? Does this mean that you essentially cannot download any games on Windows 10 Home? I'm so confused!

submitted by /u/groupmage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/groupmage, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps

Xbox App and Xbox App (Beta) keep crashing on Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox App (Beta) keeps on crashing. It is possible that the app is not updated or there is a software conflict with the other apps installed on your PC. To resolve your concern, We suggest that you perform the following solutions
    on your PC:

Solution 1. Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this link to fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store.

Solution 2. Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Solution 3. Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and download the
      Xbox App (Beta)

If the issue persists, click on this link for the steps to perform a clean
    boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup applications. It also helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update to your PC.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps

1. Unable to download ANY game from the Windows Store or Xbox (beta) Apps - Similar Threads - Unable download game

2. Can't login in the Xbox Beta app and in any of the games from the game pass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login in the Xbox Beta app and in any of the games from the game pass: I'll try to be as simple as possible.The problem I'm facing is the following: when I open the Xbox Beta app and I try to log in with my account a window pop up and then closes itself without giving me the time to actually log in.Also when I open a game, the last one was Rise...
  3. Can't download games from the xbox beta app Error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download games from the xbox beta app Error 0x80070424: [ATTACH] In the last 6 hours I've tried many different things, first by repairing and resetting both the gaming service and the xbox beta app, then by deleting both the xbox beta app the microsoft store and the gaming service with powershell and reinstalling also them by...
  4. Xbox Beta app and Microsoft Store Games FPS Lag.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Beta app and Microsoft Store Games FPS Lag.: So recently noticed that the Xbox beta app was out, installed it to my PC, and downloaded Gears 5 and The master chief collectionWhich I have on Steam also Firstly the downloads compared to any other download from any other source was incredibly slow! I had to leave Gears...
  5. Unable to download any apps through the windows store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download any apps through the windows store.: Hi, I've been trying to install Forza Horizon 4 through the windows store but the download stalls on "Starting download" and does not begin. I have tried the suggested reset and that had no effect on the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,...
  6. Unable to download any app from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download any app from Microsoft store: Hello, I got a new computer. I have updated the windows update. I am not able to download any app from the Microsoft Store. When I click to download it shows the message Acquiring licence.... and then says Error. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have...
  7. Unable to download games from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games from store: Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms...
  8. Xbox (Beta) Can't download any games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox (Beta) Can't download any games: I have an issue where I can't download/install any games from the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Account that I have. I only came right with Sea Of Thieves but any other game I'm getting directly Error Code: 0x8007005. I tried multiple solutions but nothing is working. Any...
  9. Windows game bar and Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows game bar and Xbox beta app: After I reinstated the payment for game pass ultimate my game bar and app no longer let me access the sign in screen. I have tried resetting and repairing the game bar and app but nothing has worked. I use the game bar quite often and now I can't talk to my friends who play...
  10. Xbox Beta App (Regular Store)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Beta App (Regular Store): I started downloading Recore on the xbox beta app but got stuck at about 5MBs after the installation started. I stopped that and cancelled. Started doing the same from the Microsoft store app and it started downloading from the stoppage point of 5MB and it hasn't moved...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to download on xbos