Windows 10: Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser

Discus and support Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently, I've realized whenever I try to access any PDF or download any EXE file using Windows 10, it never downloads. It's constantly stuck in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by prochembro, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser

Recently, I've realized whenever I try to access any PDF or download any EXE file using Windows 10, it never downloads.

It's constantly stuck in "Waiting for connection", it happens in all browsers (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge).

However, if I boot up a virtual machine using VM Virtual Box, I can download and access these same files in Ubantu.

What is causing this? I've tried disabling all anti-viruses, firewalls, doing a Malwarebytes scan etc.

Nothing seems to work. Driving me nuts!

:)

prochembro, Aug 5, 2016

2. Unable to download any file type from any browser

Windows 10 has always worked fine for me until the last update came out. It was quite a big update, and there have not been any updates since. Ever since this update, i have been unable to download ANY files from ANY browser. When i attempt to download,
    that download options bar comes up, but doesn't do anything, doesn't show a download percentage, doesn't open file explorer if i click SAVE AS. Also, when i close the browser, previously having failed to download files, it says ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CLOSE
    THIS PAGE, YOUR FILES ARE STILL DOWNLOADING. It has been troubling me for months now, and had several experts look at it, some of which were able to fix it temporarily, but it came back after a few days. i am completely stumped on what to do.
    Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser [​IMG]

Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser [​IMG]

Alexander Newman, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Unable to download any file type from any browser

Hello Alexander,

The Windows update that you recently installed may have caused some changes in your system settings, which prevents you from downloading any file in the Internet. To resolve this, kindly clear
    Internet Cache, Temporary Files, Cookies, and History.

It is also advised that you choose a different download location and see if that helps. Maybe your download folder has become corrupted or has some other problem. If you are using a
    Download Manager, disable it and check if that resolves the issue. If you are very sure that the file is safe, kindly disable Firewall and or your antivirus or security software temporarily and see if the download proceeds.

If the issue persists, kindly get back to us.

Vanessa Oca, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser

1. Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser - Similar Threads - Unable download pdf

2. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser: I can't open .zip files anymore. I get an error: "filepath The package is currently not available". The issue persists with downloads from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, from any website from which I try to download. I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, and kept my old...
  3. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser: I can't open .zip files anymore. I get an error: "filepath The package is currently not available". The issue persists with downloads from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, from any website from which I try to download. I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, and kept my old...
  4. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.

Unable to open ANY .exe files anymore.: Hello everyone, I wanna get straight to the point, I absolutely messed up. Sooo... It all started when I couldn't open Identity V anymore, that seems to be a really common problem amongst players and the developers have not fixed this issue yet. For the next few days I kept...
  6. Any good software for downloading files from browsers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good software for downloading files from browsers?: It seems whenever I download files that are a gigabyte or more through google chrome or Microsoft edge the download just stops. Is there any software I can use to reliably download larger size files? Thanks submitted by /u/DV-dv [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to download larger files with any browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download larger files with any browser: Following the most recent Windows 10 update I'm unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any browser - I 've tried Firefox, Chrome, and also Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have run sfc, I have reset my router, plus...
  8. unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

unable to open any downloads like PDF files.: I have been having problems with my Lenovo laptop where it isn't letting me open any files what so ever. it always says virus detected. I am a college student and I need some files to open in order for me to do my work. I tried searching in setting if there was anything that...
  9. Unable to download PDFs on any browser

Unable to download PDFs on any browser: For the past couple of days I have been unable to download PDFs from a link on any browser using my primary account on my PC. This applies to Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. When I left-click on a link to a PDF, I get one of two responses: Waiting for 127.0.0.1... Waiting for...
  10. Unable to print from any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to print from any browser: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I am unable to print to any printers from any browser. When I use the browsers print function it brings up the preview window, but just spins and never connects to any printer. 19092

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to download PDF files from the browser

2. unable to download exe files windows 10

3. unable to download files from browser

4. unable to download from any browser windows 10