Windows 10: Unable to download applications

Discus and support Unable to download applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 and now have difficulty launching both SQL Server Express and SQL Server Management Studio. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArianneJones, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Unable to download applications

I updated to Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 and now have difficulty launching both SQL Server Express and SQL Server Management Studio. I would run the .exe file and it would appear to launch by the icons showing on the task bar and running in the Task Manager, but when I click on the icons, nothing happens. I just see my desktop. The program is running, but the window does not show up. I had the dame issue with Visual Studio and that engineering team led me to this forum. I would greatly appreciate some help with this.

With thanks,

Arianne

:)

ArianneJones, Apr 15, 2020
  2. HossWTC Win User

Unable to download

Is there something wrong with the server providing the download for SysTool? I'm unable to download the application using Firefox or IE.

Are there any mirrors?

Thanks.

HossWTC, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Unable to download applications.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you are unable to download apps from the Windows Store.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and see if it helps.

Method 1

Try to reset the Wndows Store cache.

Steps:

1. Press Windows key + R form the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.

2. Type in wsreset.

Method 2

Re-register the Store App. Run the following in a Command Window (CMD) and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, please feel free to write to us and we will be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to download applications

Unable to find application downloaded from Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find Photo application on your computer. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Which photo application are you looking for?
    • Were you able to download the application successfully?

Meanwhile, to search for applications on your computer, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Find all your apps and programs
    and see if that helps.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to download applications

1. Unable to download applications - Similar Threads - Unable download applications

2. The application was unable to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application was unable to start: Hi i just installed red dead 2 and when i started the game i face an error saying The application was unable to start please click ok to close the application And I don't know what to do...
  3. Some applications are unable to download files on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications are unable to download files on Windows 11: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 I've noticed that some applications that I use are unable to download files. At first, I thought these were issues with those applications, but not even the Microsoft Store can download stuff. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. Some applications are unable to download files on Windows 11

Some applications are unable to download files on Windows 11: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 I've noticed that some applications that I use are unable to download files. At first, I thought these were issues with those applications, but not even the Microsoft Store can download stuff. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Application Unable to Start

in Browsers and Email
    Application Unable to Start: I downloaded Opera Installer, clicked on the fie to open it and was told "Application Error" - the application is unable to start correctly error 0x00000005. This file has been downloaded thousnads of times; my system is clean and Scannow reports no integrity violations. I...
  6. Application will not download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application will not download: so im trying to download valorant and this message keeps popping up. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. submitted by...
  7. Unable to run an application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to run an application: Since my latest update from Microsoft Windows 10 ver 1909, an application I have been running for 10 years suddenly says it's not approved software and Microsoft won't let me run it. I even tried running as Administrator and got the same message....
  8. Unable to find application downloaded from Microsoft Store

Unable to find application downloaded from Microsoft Store: could not see photo by Google Photo after downloaded by MS Store. will you tell me how to get them to see ***Modified title from: google photo***...
  9. ?Unable to download applications (non Microsoft) from internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ?Unable to download applications (non Microsoft) from internet.: I belong to a subscription game club. However, recently I am unable to log into that account and I get a message that I am not connected to the internet, when I am. I was also unable to download an anti-virus application and received the same no-internet connection...
  10. Unable to download applications from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download applications from Microsoft Store.: I'm using Microsoft Lumia 535 dual sim. Currently this is running on Windows 8.1 and I'm facing horrible trouble with downloading apps form Store. It repeatedly says Error 805a0193. I wanted to update to Windows 10 or fix the above error. If Microsoft stopped its support to...