Windows 10: Unable to download Brother's printer's app

Discus and support Unable to download Brother's printer's app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new Dell laptop. Inspiron 3593. My older Dell is slowing down. I have tried to download the driver for my Brother MFC-L2685DW printer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mpellet, Apr 23, 2021.

1. mpellet Win User

Unable to download Brother's printer's app

I just bought a new Dell laptop. Inspiron 3593. My older Dell is slowing down. I have tried to download the driver for my Brother MFC-L2685DW printer. I download the link from Brother, but when I try to install I get this message:Windows protected your PCMicrosoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.App: MFC-L2685DW-inst-A1-US6 2.EXE Publisher: Unknown publisherefendeI have gone around with both Brother, who says it's Dell's issue, and Dell who want to charge me $99 to talk to the next level of experts. This was a

:)

mpellet, Apr 23, 2021
  2. PiKo Win User

Brother Printer exists & works, but won't "Install" - Why?

Check whether I understood you well.
    First try: Add new printer, Windows finds printer and loads its own drivers/programme automatically. It wprks but not with the Brother drivers.
    Second try: Brother package: failed
    I suggest a third try: Add new printer; the printer that I wanted is not listed; continue and see of your model is listed. in the list of printers.
    I had difficulties with setting up another Brother printer, and the third try solved it.

3. copey Win User
    Unable to install Epson printer or Brother Labeller

Installed the Epson printer ok....thank you.

still unable to install the Brother labeller. have used that link from bobkn, it goes into my download file ok and then nothing happens....strange.

copey, Apr 23, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Can't Access networked Brother Laser printer- To print or use Web I/f

Not all Printer drivers are included in the installation media. Even mine (Brother HL-4040CN), you would need to manually add it to the list:

1. Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    2. Follow the steps to set up a network printer. At one point, Windows will search for available printer, click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
    3. Click on "Windows Updates". Windows will start downloading a complete list of Printers.
    4. Select your printer name & model then install.

EDIT: Just tried to install as a USB printer for MFC-7820N since I don't have this printer to set up as a network printer. The result as shown in the list after clicking on "Windows Update":

Unable to download Brother's printer's app [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to download Brother's printer's app - Similar Threads - Unable download Brother's

2. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  3. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother printer: My Brother MFC235C printer does not work with Windows 11. Apparently, according to Brother, there is an update to fix this. Where can I get access to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/9671df8d-6654-451a-9a40-c937072572de
  4. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  5. Brother printer

Brother printer: when i send a print it comes out as A5 but all the settings appear to be A4. when i send it from another device the print is correct in A4. There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be changed, but i can't find it....
  6. Why a Brother Printer Driver is Downloaded and Installed?

Why a Brother Printer Driver is Downloaded and Installed?: This started when my wife's computer got updated to Windows 2004 without my being asked. That seems to be fine, but I wonder why Windows Update is now downloading and installing a driver for our Brother MFC-9340DW printer. I'd not encountered this before. There is already a...
  7. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  8. Brothers Printer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brothers Printer: How can I get my printer out of the sleep mode. I have turned it off and unplugged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brothers-printer/0c169bef-076e-4dac-807e-5de947a33d1a
  9. Brother printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother printers: Hi, I am a new Surface Go user - loving it so far. Just had a small hiccup installing a printer driver for my wireless printer. I've checked the Brother website, which shows my printer, HL-2270DW, is compatible with Windows 10 s, but the driver download is not available as...
  10. Unable to install Epson printer or Brother Labeller

Unable to install Epson printer or Brother Labeller: Hi since changing to W10 I am unable to install the above on my lap top, both worked fine on my old vista machine, little notice comes saying something like ..incompatable with the O.S, is there away to get around this ? The printer, an Epson DX4400 is a few years old I...