Windows 10: Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Discus and support Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AaronBe, Oct 31, 2020.

1. AaronBe Win User

Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Hi there,

I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of Theives, Moonlighter with no issue, but others such as no mans sky either do nothing when trying in microsoft app or Error code 0x00000001 Xbox store.

Steps I have done to troubleshoot:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled both stores

2. Reparied and reset both apps from apps settings

3. Uninstalled Xbox app and tried to download from microsoft store

4. Went into services and ensured all xbox services are running

- I have 2 instances of Gaming services. One is running and the other gives error code 31 when trying to start it

5. I have reset gaming services and the app downloader from settings

6. I have restarted my pc many times

7. I have fully updated windows

8. I have peformed a repair install of windows

Nothing works. All other forms and questions I have seen only seem to generate the generic responses of

1. Restart your PC

2. Reset the app

3. Update windows

4. Repair install

I have followed all of these steps and still cannot properly access services. Can you please suggest any other approaches to fixing this error?

Many thanks,

Aaron

:)

AaronBe, Oct 31, 2020
  2. tcman50 Win User

How to find games I've downloaded from Microsoft Store (Windows 10)

If they are xbox app games they are listed and can be launched via the xbox app.

For a list of all your downloaded app games, click the store app, click your account photo on the upper right of your screen and click "my library", all your game downloads will be there, you can then click on a game and then click open to play it.

TC Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store :)

tcman50, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Oct 31, 2020
  4. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

Downloaded a Redeemed game.

Hi HEggens,

To better help you with your concern, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Method 1: How to find games and game content after you redeem a code online on Xbox One

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
    • Pull the right trigger to scroll down, and then press the A button to select My games & apps.
    • Scroll right to the Ready to Install section.
    • Highlight the game you want to install, press the A button on your controller, and then select Install.
    Method 2: How to install a Game on Windows 10.

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy or install.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

For additional information regarding Xbox Play Anywhere, we suggest that you check out this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

1. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store - Similar Threads - Unable download certain

2. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  3. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store: A while back I bought Forza Horizon 5, and it ran perfectly well. Since then, I uninstalled it and haven't played it for a while. Recently, I got a new SSD and transferred the majority of my files over to it, including all of the Windows OS files. Now, when I try to install...
  4. Unable to Install Certain Games on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  6. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  7. Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store

Unable to install certain games from Xbox App / MS Store: Trying to uninstall Master Chief Collection for example. In the Xbox App i get 0x87e00017. In the Microsoft Store i get the same 0x87E00017. I used the following powershell command as well. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.Chelan Remove-AppxPackage Results: [ATTACH]...
  8. microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads

microsoft store and xbox app slow game downloads: So i have been searching for the last few days for a solution, i have tried all Microsoft suggestions. After reproducing the same issue from two individual systems on different networks I'm 80% it is an issue on Microsoft's end. Regular applications such as Skype or video...
  9. unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app: I can't sign into my xbox account, it will just load and then close, then when i try to download something on my pc then it will just load and then stay loading. I tried doing wrseset.exe and it does nothing....
  10. Unable to download xbox pass games for pc using microsoft store app

Unable to download xbox pass games for pc using microsoft store app: I have recently purchased xbox pass ultimate but when ever I try to download an xbox pass game I get this error "Code: 0x80073CF3 update failed" Downloads for free games and apps work fine though. There is no direct contact or chat system for subscription members and its so...