Windows 10: Unable to download extensions on the new Edge

Discus and support Unable to download extensions on the new Edge in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I upgraded my old edge to the new Chromium Edge. Everything is fine. But I am unable to install anything from MS extension store. Clicking on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maalicious, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Unable to download extensions on the new Edge

So I upgraded my old edge to the new Chromium Edge. Everything is fine. But I am unable to install anything from MS extension store. Clicking on the extensions from the "..." menu opens the extensions page in the browser itself and not in the store app. The page says "try the new Edge browser" on the top with the link to download. But installing extensions from the chrome web store goes without a problem. It's there a solution?

submitted by /u/maalicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maalicious, Jan 16, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Unable to download Edge extensions via MS store

Hi Hugo,

Corrupted or incomplete installation may be the possible cause why you're unable to download the Edge extension. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to install the particular extension?
    • Does this happen when you just download that particular extension or with other application also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you diagnose Windows apps & Store issues and provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Unable to download extensions on the new Edge

Extensions in Microsoft Edge

I too add my name to the list of people who find Edge useless without extensions.
    Huge step backward folks.

BucketHead99, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to download extensions on the new Edge

1. Unable to download extensions on the new Edge - Similar Threads - Unable download extensions

2. Edge is not installing any new extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge is not installing any new extension: I'm facing persistent issues with Microsoft Edge. Despite reinstalling, extensions won't download, and profile syncing is stuck completely. Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Edge is not installing any new extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge is not installing any new extension: I'm facing persistent issues with Microsoft Edge. Despite reinstalling, extensions won't download, and profile syncing is stuck completely. Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Unable to install any extension for new Edge (Edge Dev) and Edge Bera

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to install any extension for new Edge (Edge Dev) and Edge Bera: Hi Peeps, Fresh install of Win 10 2004. Having downloaded both Edge Beta and Edge Dev. I am unable to install any extensions. The error message states: Download was not a valid extension or user script I can;t find any reference to this on the web. I've tried a variety of...
  5. New EDGE download

in Browsers and Email
    New EDGE download: I am using 1909 I tried 3 times to download EDGE and each time there were different results. This time it completely destroyed the favorites bar, knocked me off SKYPE and left me the IE 11, and removed all aps . I had to install Java to get IE working and that is where I am....
  6. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  7. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  8. Unable to install some Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to install some Edge extensions: Some Edge extensions cannot be installed on my Windows 10 Professional. They report that they require Windows 10 version 15063 or higher. I am on the Anniversary update. How come they cannot be installed? 92876
  9. The new extensions for Edge don't work

in Browsers and Email
    The new extensions for Edge don't work: So I've just finished updating my Windows 10 to the new Version 1601 (aka the Anniversary update) and instantly went to install AdBlock. First of all AdBlock Plus didn't install correctly so it always prompted me to reinstall. I eventually gave up and installed regular...
  10. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webroot filtering extension for edge browser

2. install webroot filtering extension

3. webroot filtering extension edge

4. download the webroot extension in store,
  5. webroot extension edge