Windows 10: Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error

Discus and support Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]On your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error when you try to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 12, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error

Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error Unable-to-Download-from-URI-PowerShell-Install-Module-Error.png
    On your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error when you try to connect to the PowerShell Repository or run the Install-Module cmdlet to install a package on your device. This post provides the most applicable solution to this issue. When this error occurs […]

This article Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 12, 2022

2. PowerShell Find-Module returns a warning message

I'm running Powershell version 5.1 Desktop Build Version 10.0.14409.1019 on Windows 7 SP1. I am in a corporate network behind a firewall, but from what I can see I don't see in the firewall that this is getting blocked.

Whenever I run Find-Module I get the Warning message:

WARNING: Unable to resolve package source 'https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2'.

Get-PSRepository returns:

PSGallery Untrusted https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2

I did find this article referring to it but I can't do what they do in the article because when I try to Register-PSRepository it says:

Register-PSRepository: The specified Uri 'https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2/' for parameter 'SourceLocation' is an invalid Web Uri. Please ensure that it meets the Web Uri requirements.

I don't even know where to start on this. I'm new to Powershell and just talking an online course to learn the ropes. We are at the Find-Module section, but I can't do anything.

HoldenDaugherty, May 12, 2022
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, May 12, 2022
  4. Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error

Unable to install any OS

Ram, if a cmos clear doesnt fix it, replace the ram. check the seating of the CPU too make sure there are no bent pins

eidairaman1, May 12, 2022
Thema:

Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error

1. Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error - Similar Threads - Unable Download URI

2. Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection: While installing the NuGet PowerShell module, you will get the following error WARNING: MSG:UnableToDownload «https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=627338&clcid=0x409» «» WARNING: Unable to download the list of available providers. Check your internet connection. WARNING:...
  3. Issue with MSMQ PowerShell module in PS7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with MSMQ PowerShell module in PS7: Please refer to the issue created in PowerShell github repo https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/issues/18783While using MSMQ module command in PowerShell 7, we cannot pipe the output of Get-MsmqQueue to Remove-MsmqQueue, as it causes error.The same command works fine in...
  4. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...: HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,...
  5. Unable to install modules and powershell ISE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install modules and powershell ISE: hello, Any one can you help me on above issue. unable to install powershell ise before that uninstall powewrshell ise, powershell not avialble in optional feature also... From another post: This is suman bandi i am not able to install module and powershell ise for...
  6. Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery

Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery: I'm trying to Install modules from PowerShell Gallery , But Install-Module command is not working. Also Find-Module and a few commands are not working.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Previously I removed PowerShellGet from modules. I tried to installPowerShellGet from .nupkg file ,...
  7. I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module: I have downloaded the DnsShell.zip and followed the instructions at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21724.how-dns-aging-and-scavenging-works.aspx However, when I attempt to do the import-module DnsShell, I get the following: PS C:\Program...
  8. Uncaught Error: Cannot find module "ebay/legacy/utils/Uri"

Uncaught Error: Cannot find module "ebay/legacy/utils/Uri": hi when trying to right in a eBay contact page to ask about a item. as I type the first letters can see then it disappears run the mouse over the words you can see the letters in blue ? click the lager spacer bar on your key board it gone start again you can type away if...
  9. Powershell module vmware.powercli not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell module vmware.powercli not working: I have installed the powercli module in powershell using "install-module -name vmware.powercli"; Version 10.1.1.8827524 along with all the modules: Version Name ------- ---- 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.DeployAutomation 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.ImageBuilder...
  10. Windows powershell/module installer query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows powershell/module installer query: Hey all Since yesterday i have noticed for about a few seconds every 20 minutes something seems to trigger windows powershell and the module installer service. I'am aware that both programs are essential so i'm wondering if this simple just routine maintainance or not. I...