Windows 10: Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible

Discus and support Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought the Xbox Game Pass so that I could try out the new State of Decay 2: Heartland DLC, but when I try to install it the Microsoft Store is saying... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnSanvictores, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible

I bought the Xbox Game Pass so that I could try out the new State of Decay 2: Heartland DLC, but when I try to install it the Microsoft Store is saying that my devices are incompatible even though I've purchased AND successfully played State of Decay 2 on one of my devices. Things I've tried:

- Restart my computer

- Updated Windows through Windows Update

- Updated State of Decay 2 to the latest version

- Signed out/signed back into the Microsoft Store

:)

JohnSanvictores, Jun 11, 2019

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Having a corrupted profile is one of the reasons why you are unable to download games from Windows Store. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Were you able to install other applications on your device?
    • Are you having this issue with all other games from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Wilfred Mac, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Unable to play Sudoku game, game closes unexpectedly.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Sudoku game, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to incompatibility of the application on operating system.

I suggest you to uninstall the game, download latest version of the game form Windows Store, right click on the installation file and install in the compatibility mode
    and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the latest version of the game from the Windows Store.
    • Right click the game installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible

Unable to download games from Windows Store

Hi Randi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing.

• Is there any third party security program installed on the computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Store settings.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: As an initial step, I suggest you to unplug the devices except mouse and keyboard.

Uninstall/disable the third party software if installed.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it
    to install other software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Step 2: Reset Windows Store.

• Press Windows key + R key
        to open Run

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Step 3:Disable Proxy Settings

Sometimes your proxy settings might be stopping the app from installing correctly.

I would suggest you to check if proxy connection is turned on by following the steps

1. Press windows key + R to open run command.

2. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter.

3. Under the Connections tab click on LAN Settings.

4. Uncheck Use Proxy server option and click on
    OK.

Step 4: Re-register the Store in Windows

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, copy and paste the command below, and press
      Enter.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible

1. Unable to download game from the store due to device being incompatible - Similar Threads - Unable download game

2. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  3. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  4. unable to download game from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to download game from Microsoft store: I am facing problem while downloading "asphalt 8 airborne" when ever i press install Microsoft store stop and i have to kill store for working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-game-from-microsoft-store/e987dd82-149b-45eb-9f1d-a83a02e34388
  5. Unable To download app from the store.

Unable To download app from the store.: my computer Windows10 Pro keeps saying this app is not compatible with this device. All the apps keeps showing that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-app-from-the-store/6125d449-54ba-4c0b-ba55-8cd8b10fec8e
  6. Unable to download from Microsoft Store due to unrecognized architecture/hardware

Unable to download from Microsoft Store due to unrecognized architecture/hardware: Hi, I'm not able to download anything from the microsoft store either due to it not recognizing how much memory I have or not recognizing the architecture of my PC. I've tried WSReset.exe but it just hangs and does nothing, I've used the troubleshooter which fixed some...
  7. Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store: It is Sea of Thieves. The downloading stops in the middle. How to deal with it? Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-a-game-from-microsoft-store/010b48f6-1fea-4b87-9285-c788b5566b5f"
  8. Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store: After buying the Xbox Game Pass I've really wanted to download some games (on windows 10) but I keep getting an error when trying to download it "Code: 0x80073CF3". I've had this before months ago and I see people have been having these kind of issues for years. So why...
  9. Unable to download games from store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games from store: Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms...
  10. Unable to download from store

Unable to download from store: Greetings, I am unable to download anything from the store. Every time I try a download it stays set to "Pending". I have tried everything I could find on the net from wsreset.exe to checking updates to calling on the flying spaghetti monster. Nothing helps. Initially...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device incompatible for gamesform windows store

2. windows store device incompatible