Windows 10: Unable to download games from store

Discus and support Unable to download games from store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BlazingLord, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Unable to download games from store

Im trying to download my gamepass games on another computer but its telling me to update my PC to install the game. I checked and it tells me that my PC is up to date but the store still shows the "Update your PC to play this game" and when I click it, it brings me to aka.ms winup. Please help me

***Modified title from: *PLEASE HELP* Cant download store games***

:)

BlazingLord, Sep 10, 2019

2. Can't download games

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the game Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to Download the Games?
    • Are you downloading the games from Windows store?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Unable to download games using app store

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate, if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Do you get any error message/ error code while downloading the games from Windows Store?
    You can check the location mentioned below for the downloaded games:

C:\Users\{User Name}\Downloads

If you do not see this game in downloads, I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue. If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: Try repairing the store and check if it helps:

1. Press WinKEY + X or put the mouse in the lower left corner

2. Open the Command Prompt (Run as Administrator)

3. Type in WSReset.exe and hit
    enter.

If issue didn't get resolve try method 3,

Method 3:

Follow the below steps:

•Open Powershell as administrator

•Run the command

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Unable to download games from store

Downloading games

Hi,

Having a corrupted profile is one of the reasons why you are unable to download games from Windows Store. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly verify the following:

• Were you able to install other applications on your device?
    • Are you having this issue with all other games from Windows Store?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Wilfred Mac, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to download games from store

1. Unable to download games from store - Similar Threads - Unable download games

2. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  3. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  4. unable to download game from Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to download game from Microsoft store: I am facing problem while downloading "asphalt 8 airborne" when ever i press install Microsoft store stop and i have to kill store for working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-game-from-microsoft-store/e987dd82-149b-45eb-9f1d-a83a02e34388
  5. Unable to download iTunes from Store

Unable to download iTunes from Store: I keep getting an error code: 0x80070005 when trying to download iTunes from the Store. I tried DISM and SFC commands with no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-itunes-from-store/632358da-c86f-43f8-b70c-463cf8bb3727
  6. Unable To download app from the store.

Unable To download app from the store.: my computer Windows10 Pro keeps saying this app is not compatible with this device. All the apps keeps showing that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-app-from-the-store/6125d449-54ba-4c0b-ba55-8cd8b10fec8e
  7. Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store

Unable to download a game from Microsoft Store: It is Sea of Thieves. The downloading stops in the middle. How to deal with it? Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-a-game-from-microsoft-store/010b48f6-1fea-4b87-9285-c788b5566b5f"
  8. Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store: After buying the Xbox Game Pass I've really wanted to download some games (on windows 10) but I keep getting an error when trying to download it "Code: 0x80073CF3". I've had this before months ago and I see people have been having these kind of issues for years. So why...
  9. Unable to download from Microsoft store

Unable to download from Microsoft store: HiAll, I am trying to download an app from the Microsoft store in Windows 10, I keep getting the following message, "Something went wrong, please try again later, 0x80090016 If I click to send feedback it tries to get me to download an app but then says something went...
  10. Unable to download from store

Unable to download from store: Greetings, I am unable to download anything from the store. Every time I try a download it stays set to "Pending". I have tried everything I could find on the net from wsreset.exe to checking updates to calling on the flying spaghetti monster. Nothing helps. Initially...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to download games

2. unable to download microsoft games