Windows 10: Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I found the 3 dots next to my profile that all instructions say the library is located, but the library is not there for me. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexanderGoff, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

Hello,

I found the 3 dots next to my profile that all instructions say the library is located, but the library is not there for me. I am trying to download my copy of Minecraft on my new PC, but its not there.

Can someone help me figure out how to do so?

I have the Windows 10 version of Minecraft for reference.

Thanks!

**Title modified from: I can't find where to re-download Minecraft?***

:)

AlexanderGoff, Mar 29, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Can’t download minecraft

Hi,

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Minecraft you are installing? (Java/Windows 10)
    • Do you get any error message?

If you are installing Minecraft Windows 10 version,
    then we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install Minecraft.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Reset Microsoft Store

Refer the steps in this article:
    Reset Microsoft Store via Settings.

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator
    account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

Unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store

Hi,

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. I understand that you are unable to install Minecraft for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store.

As you have already tried resetting, re-registering Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to try creating a new user account, sign in to Microsoft Store with your Microsoft account and then try installing Minecraft. Refer the steps mentioned in the
    article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we might have to perform a repair installation of Windows on the computer. To perform a repair installation, refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    and use it to perform a repair installation of Windows 10. We have
    a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure.

For additional information, see
    I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

1. Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable download Minecraft

2. Can't download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: After a long time I decided to buy Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from the Microsoft store. After purchasing the game, I try to download it, except it won't let me. It says that I own the game and I am using a valid email account, but it still says that I have no devices to...
  3. Can't download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: After a long time I decided to buy Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from the Microsoft store. After purchasing the game, I try to download it, except it won't let me. It says that I own the game and I am using a valid email account, but it still says that I have no devices to...
  4. Unable to Download New Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Download New Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the new Minecraft Launcher from the store and I'm seeing an Error Code: 0x89235172.I have tried multiple ways of fixing this:Correct date/time & time zoneTroubleshooting Windows StoreWi-Fi enabled and working properlyChecked proxy settingsRepaired...
  5. Unable to Download New Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Download New Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store: I am unable to download the new Minecraft Launcher from the store and I'm seeing an Error Code: 0x89235172.I have tried multiple ways of fixing this:Correct date/time & time zoneTroubleshooting Windows StoreWi-Fi enabled and working properlyChecked proxy settingsRepaired...
  6. Unable to Download New Minecraft Launcher from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: Hello, I recently bought the game Minecraft and for some reason the download in Microsoft store does not start. It looks like it starts but seems to be stuck at 0%. I Googled the problem and tried multiple fixes and none worked. Now I am just annoyed and want my money...
  8. how to download minecraft from microsoft store?

how to download minecraft from microsoft store?: I bought minecraft for windows 10 edition and cant figure out where to download it. I've gone to order history and looked for product key and it is not there, however it does show my order went through. I used a code to redeem it....
  9. Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Minecraft from Microsoft Store: After a confusing couple minutes I decided to purchase Minecraft windows 10 edition from the Microsoft store, against my better judgment. Not to surprise, after I purchase the game I try to download, except it wont let me. Says I own the game and I am using a valid...
  10. Unable to download from Microsoft store

Unable to download from Microsoft store: HiAll, I am trying to download an app from the Microsoft store in Windows 10, I keep getting the following message, "Something went wrong, please try again later, 0x80090016 If I click to send feedback it tries to get me to download an app but then says something went...