Windows 10: unable to download my email

Discus and support unable to download my email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10, Outlook 2010, error message "failed to update headers" An IMAP command failed. Protocol: IMAP Server: mail.nc.rr.com Port: 143 I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fred1369, Apr 26, 2017.

1. fred1369 Win User

unable to download my email

Windows 10, Outlook 2010, error message "failed to update headers"

An IMAP command failed.
    Protocol: IMAP
    Server: mail.nc.rr.com
    Port: 143

I have no idea what this means. I ran troubleshooter = nothing.
    Restored to yesterday = nothing.
    this is not a new system, been using it for a long time. I got this error message yesterday, opened and closed Outlook several times, finally worked. Restarted computer today and back to failed to update headers.
    I can open up my email at RoadRunner and see it but unable to download to Outlook.

I tried using SCANPST.EXE but that did not work

:)

fred1369, Apr 26, 2017

2. my nokia lumia 900 will not let me download apps on my phone or even through the computer.

Ok so, i try to download an app on my phone and it tells me it is unable due to being under age, it says to try from a computer.
    When i try from a computer it is unable to as well then sends an email to my phone because i have to do it from there.
    When i open the email to my phone it is unable to and tells me to do it through my computer,but my computer just sends the same email
    because it is unable. so it is a never ending cycle of not being able to download anything, how do i download games?

andrearomero, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Emails Problems

Since updating to windows 10 on my main laptop I am unable to download emails fully to one of my accounts, the problem relates to displaying external images and body of emails, thinking of uninstalling windows but concerned about the effect it will have
    on the laptop, definitely not going to download windows 10 on my spare laptop, can anyone assist as my email provider is unable to.

Lynda MLynch, Apr 26, 2017
  4. unable to download my email

Hi fred1369. Welcome to the TenForums @fred1369.

First thing I would do is phone supplier and ensure they have not made any changes to their set ups instructions. (ports, security, etc.)

They should also be able to advise you regarding any special parameter changes. I saw when looking up your error there were several threads about increasing the Timeout parms.

Have you upgraded or installed any new AV products recently? If so disable and try again.

When you say ScanPST did not work, do you mean you found your PST and the scanning didn't find any errors or that Scanpst was unable to find your file?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 26, 2017
  5. fred1369 Win User
    homemade computer so no one to call.
    no PST files were found on either drive
    I don't know what happened but it downloaded just now.
    I didn't go in and change any settings that I know of.

Stoopid question .... where do I go to change the timeout parameters ?

fred1369, Apr 27, 2017
  6. The phone call to the supplier is your mail supplier. I think you are using Road Runner and the NC is for North Carolina. It is their server settings you need to confirm. ( @nc.rr.com )

To locate your PST file, click on file upper left, the Account Settings on right, then Account settings in the little drop down menu.

Next click on "Data" file tab. You should see your PST file (note file extension, it is also likely labelled Personal Folders)

The timeout setting - File, Account Settings, Account settings, this time click on Email tab. Double click on email address you want to change. Window opens, click on "More Settings" lower right, the "Advance" tab. Midway down page. Actually just below ports. I would not increase to long. As I said I was just searching your issue and saw this. I did not read a lot.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2017
  7. fred1369 Win User
    thanx for your time and hints. Outlook is working now but I didn't do anything to it..I also was trying to pull up old email from my D: backup drive but can't find anything in it.

fred1369, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

unable to download my email

1. unable to download my email - Similar Threads - unable download email

2. Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.: When I was recently downloading a music file from my browser, it stopped downloading like when it was about to be finished. I waited a while and it wouldnt finish at all. So I just tried to download it again and the same problem happened. So i went to delete the unfinished...
  3. Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.: When I was recently downloading a music file from my browser, it stopped downloading like when it was about to be finished. I waited a while and it wouldnt finish at all. So I just tried to download it again and the same problem happened. So i went to delete the unfinished...
  4. Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to view my emails

Unable to view my emails: Hi, The login screen https://login.live.com does not display for me to sign in to my hotmail account on all browsers on any computer at home and other computers outside! I was able to access it a few minutes ago through Edge on this computer but now it won't display the...
  6. Unable to download

Unable to download: I am trying to download a Fortnite on Windows 10 but a box keeps popping up asking me for a user name and password. I don't have this information. How do I proceed? Also it won't me update Windows. Any suggestions?...
  7. email download.

email download.: Acc/ Btinternet (bert.theobald)(1) server.mail.btinternet.com emails not downloading.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-download/ac1a731f-79e3-48f6-a604-62f8662c9e6f
  8. Unable to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download: My computer will not let me download anything. Unless if it's from the store or steam, I am unable to download things off the internet. I have something very important I need to download, but I can't. The little tab shows up at the bottom saying "Download, Save, Cancel."...
  9. slow download and syncing of my emails

slow download and syncing of my emails: Can someone tell me why my emails are so slow in downloading and sometimes the graphics take days to show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-download-and-syncing-of-my-emails/e36b6d0c-fc9e-4b3b-b467-76950bef967d
  10. cannot download images in my email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot download images in my email: I have windows 10 and my emails are being received with a "download images" message. When selecting download images, nothing happens. Also, my emails are on my Apple iPhone but when I go to my laptop, I have to select " synch" to get those same emails. The process is...