Windows 10: Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E:

Discus and support Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Just as the subject says, I am so frustrated with this as this is my PC and I have full administrator control yet I am unable to install a large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SadiqVX, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SadiqVX Win User

Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E:

Hi

Just as the subject says, I am so frustrated with this as this is my PC and I have full administrator control yet I am unable to install a large game from Microsoft Store that I own but have managed to install a smaller game on my OS drive C:. I want to use my larger storage drive E: to store games and files but when I try to change location from settings, it says "Something went wrong" and gives an error code which I found on the internet is "Access Denied".

I've done extensive searches online and tried different methods with no success! Can I please get some advice and I don't want to reinstall Windows and reinstall all my games.

Thanks

:)

SadiqVX, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E: ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 9, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E:

Games from App Store

Hi,

Thanks for replying, but I don't even have a "Windows App" folder...

StefanHattingh, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E:

1. Unable to download or install apps/move storage folder from C: to E: - Similar Threads - Unable download install

2. How to move app downloads from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move app downloads from C: to D:: I have a Dell with a 256 GB C: drive and a 1T D: using Windows 11.I have been regularly and habitually moving or requiring downlods to be on D:However, I have been getting warnings from WIndows that C: is full. It isHow else can I move things so C: is not always limited in...
  3. How to move app downloads from C: to D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move app downloads from C: to D:: I have a Dell with a 256 GB C: drive and a 1T D: using Windows 11.I have been regularly and habitually moving or requiring downlods to be on D:However, I have been getting warnings from WIndows that C: is full. It isHow else can I move things so C: is not always limited in...
  4. Moving folders from onedrive to c:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving folders from onedrive to c:/: Just recd new laptop with Win11. Do not like way MS has structured to dop my files under onedrive. Do not want Onedrive backup or files hidden deeply in file structure. I prefer files to be under c directory for easy access. Have been relocating to this drive. DOCUMENTS...
  5. Moving folders from onedrive to c:/

Moving folders from onedrive to c:/: Just recd new laptop with Win11. Do not like way MS has structured to dop my files under onedrive. Do not want Onedrive backup or files hidden deeply in file structure. I prefer files to be under c directory for easy access. Have been relocating to this drive. DOCUMENTS...
  6. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage: So I have installed a lot of game on my computer, and I just installed Starwars: Squadrons days ago. Keep in mind that its file size is 31.? GB.Normally if I knew that this would almost maximize my file space of 237 GB, I would have averted this problem. So of course I try to...
  7. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage: So I have installed a lot of game on my computer, and I just installed Starwars: Squadrons days ago. Keep in mind that its file size is 31.? GB.Normally if I knew that this would almost maximize my file space of 237 GB, I would have averted this problem. So of course I try to...
  8. Moving Files From C: Storage to D: Storage

9. Storage C To Storage E not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage C To Storage E not working.: When I try and change my default storage from 'C' to 'E' everything is still being sent to 'C' even though it shows that everything should be sent to 'E'. [ATTACH] There's no reason it should be doing what's it's doing and my 'C' storage is already half full Boot drive with...
  10. Moving App From Disk storage to stick storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving App From Disk storage to stick storage: I want to move a app from my laptop to a stick, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-app-from-disk-storage-to-stick-storage/c3c46a2e-bbf3-4362-a738-66c9302878d0