Windows 10: Unable to download or install updates

Discus and support Unable to download or install updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've had problems with Windows Update for a few days and can't figure out how to resolve them. I'm getting the following error from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlejandroGutierrez78, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Unable to download or install updates

Hello,

I've had problems with Windows Update for a few days and can't figure out how to resolve them. I'm getting the following error from Windows Update:

"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: 0x80070002"

I googled this problem and tried the basic things I found like checking the time and date it is correct and stopping the update service, deleting its downloads folder, and then restarting the service. Nothing works.

Can someone help me? I'm running Windows 10 64-bit

:)

AlejandroGutierrez78, Aug 18, 2020

2. Unable to download and install updates on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the updates on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following details to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the updates fails to install?
    • Is this issue confined only with downloading and installing the update or you are unable to download anything?

If the issue is with downloading/ installing the updates, this might have occurred because of corrupted/ missing Windows Update components.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

If you are using wired internet connection, I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and try if you are able to run the Windows Update.

Method 1: I suggest you to disable third party security software (if any installed), and check for Windows Updates.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if you are able to install the updates.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons

• Click on Troubleshooting
      and click on View all in the left pane.

• Select Windows Update
      to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 18, 2020
  3. MerylFray Win User
    Unable to download and install updates on Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 and have had nothing but trouble with installing updates to this. I have tried every "Fix" that Microsoft recommends to no avail. Its so frustrating.. At present Im trying to install the November upgrade and keep getting the error
    0xc7700112... no matter whether I use the Upgrade Assistant or try to do it manually. WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!!

MerylFray, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Harry9001 Win User

Unable to download or install updates

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Unable to download or install updates

1. Unable to download or install updates - Similar Threads - Unable download install

2. unable to download update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download update: I am able to do all the update but this -intelR Corporation - System - 10.29.0.7767 isn't downloading no matter how many times I press that retry button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-update/3c4b01ae-9a2d-4d9b-99b7-c40d12c394bd
  3. unable to download update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to download update: I am able to do all the update but this -intelR Corporation - System - 10.29.0.7767 isn't downloading no matter how many times I press that retry button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-update/3c4b01ae-9a2d-4d9b-99b7-c40d12c394bd
  4. Unable to download 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download 22H2 update: Hi ,I recently tried to install the 22H2 update. But during installation process something went wrong. It showed me a message - undoing saved changes. When tried checking for updates 22H2 is nott showing up in the windows update. In rhe windows update history its saying...
  5. Unable to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates: My Laptop was last able to update on 20 April 2020. It checks for updates and then gives me the following message. "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information,...
  6. Unable to Download windows updates

Unable to Download windows updates: Whenever I try to perform windows updates on my laptop that is currently version 1903. I receive the updates, but I am unable to download them let alone install. They just go through the process of going to update, but end up at "Pending Download". I have tried searching many...
  7. unable to download updates

unable to download updates: unable to download updates due to the error code 0x80070015, any ideas how to get rid of this error code and continue wit h the downloading of the updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-updates/b10a8c46-0460-4b11-9fe0-91a8a68a35e0
  8. unable to download and install latest windows updates

unable to download and install latest windows updates: i am unable to download quality updates and fixes my pc was last updated on 12 7 2019 after that each time i click on search for windows update it shows error code 0x80080005 ... i also talked to virtual agent of microsoft but i was not satisfied after 4 hrs of solutions done...
  9. Unable to download updates

Unable to download updates: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Evaluation copy Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 on my laptop. It has been turned off for a few months. Now I am unable to download updates. When I check for updates, they are found but I get the error "We couldn't install updates because there's...
  10. Unable to install downloads.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install downloads.: When I try to download ITunes, I get a successful note from ITunes,but then a pop up says error7 error(win5)so it wont work. I am also unable to reload my Kaspersky anti virus,with my CD,I get a message saying app was not installed. Any ideas please. 35884