Windows 10: Unable to download PDFs on any browser

Discus and support Unable to download PDFs on any browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past couple of days I have been unable to download PDFs from a link on any browser using my primary account on my PC. This applies to Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MegaPlex, Jan 15, 2019.

1. MegaPlex Win User

Unable to download PDFs on any browser

For the past couple of days I have been unable to download PDFs from a link on any browser using my primary account on my PC. This applies to Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. When I left-click on a link to a PDF, I get one of two responses:

Waiting for 127.0.0.1...

Waiting for [domain name of website hosting PDF]...

Right clicking does not produce a dialog box to save the PDF.

A couple of times when clicking such a link, my mouse started stuttering. I checked Performance Monitor and both CPU and disk usage were pushing 100%. The increased usage was all attributed to System processes and System Interrupts which alone was taking up 25% of CPU. My PC runs very smoothly otherwise, and I have never before encountered lagging.

I have disabled my antivirus and firewall, disabled all browser extensions except Adobe Acrobat, and restarted my PC, but the problem has continued. Interestingly, when I browse the web with the other account on my PC, I can download and view PDFs just fine.

I did think to reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader, but wouldn't it likely be failing on both accounts if that were the issue? Any suggestions?

I am running Windows 10 on an HP Spectre X360.

:)

MegaPlex, Jan 15, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge Browser error for PDF documents

If you need to save the PDF files from a browser, we suggest downloading other browser from the Store.
    You can follow the steps below to download and open PDF files:

• Download and install the UC browser and
      Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, open UC browser and then visit the website from where you will download the PDF file.
      Tap the PDF file you wish to download > Click Regular Download.
    • If PDF file was downloaded, go to App list >
      Xodo application > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Take note that you should uninstall any PDF reader applications installed on your phone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Michael Rey, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Unable to download PDFs on any browser

Reading PDF at Lumia 950

Hello Kim,

For you to download and access the PDF files on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Gerald Mal, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Unable to download PDFs on any browser

1. Unable to download PDFs on any browser - Similar Threads - Unable download PDFs

2. I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it...: I am unable to open any downloaded pdfs on my laptop, whenever I try to open any pdf it shows this, The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect....
  3. download pdfs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download pdfs: Can somone tell me why i have to open pdfs in my browser and can't download them as I used to with the nice Adobe formatting?Should I uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat reader? Could it be defective?Is this a WIndows problem?Thank you...
  4. download pdfs

download pdfs: Can somone tell me why i have to open pdfs in my browser and can't download them as I used to with the nice Adobe formatting?Should I uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat reader? Could it be defective?Is this a WIndows problem?Thank you...
  5. download pdfs

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser: I can't open .zip files anymore. I get an error: "filepath The package is currently not available". The issue persists with downloads from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, from any website from which I try to download. I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, and kept my old...
  7. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser: I can't open .zip files anymore. I get an error: "filepath The package is currently not available". The issue persists with downloads from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, from any website from which I try to download. I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, and kept my old...
  8. Unable to open .zip files downloaded using any browser

9. Unable to download larger files with any browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download larger files with any browser: Following the most recent Windows 10 update I'm unable to download files of more than a few megabytes using any browser - I 've tried Firefox, Chrome, and also Edge. I have no third party antivirus or security software installed, I have run sfc, I have reset my router, plus...
  10. Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to download any pdf or exe file from any browser: Recently, I've realized whenever I try to access any PDF or download any EXE file using Windows 10, it never downloads. It's constantly stuck in "Waiting for connection", it happens in all browsers (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge). However, if I boot up a virtual machine using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to download from any brouser