Windows 10: Unable to Download Standard PDF's Anymore

Discus and support Unable to Download Standard PDF's Anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I used to be able to download PDF's Not web-version Adobe Acrobate files from Quickbooks directly to my laptop, then I was able to attach the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nicholas Foster, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Unable to Download Standard PDF's Anymore

Hello,

I used to be able to download PDF's Not web-version Adobe Acrobate files from Quickbooks directly to my laptop, then I was able to attach the PDF in an email; but for the past couple months, my clients are telling me they cannot open the Adobe Acrobat Files it has been sending out instead of the PDF's like it used to.

I had other members of our company send out the PDF's from their computer, because they are still able to successfully download the PDF from Quickbooks and attach it in an email to send to our clients.

Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

--

Nick Foster

:)

Nicholas Foster, Jan 2, 2020

2. Adobe to Release PDF for Industry Standardization

AN JOSE, Calif. — Jan. 29, 2007 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced that it intends to release the full Portable Document Format (PDF) 1.7 specification to AIIM, the Enterprise Content Management Association, for the purpose of publication by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).

PDF has become a de facto global standard for more secure and dependable information exchange since Adobe published the complete PDF specification in 1993. Both government and private industry have come to rely on PDF for the volumes of electronic records that need to be more securely and reliably shared, managed, and in some cases preserved for generations. Since 1995 Adobe has participated in various working groups that develop technical specifications for publication by ISO and worked within the ISO process to deliver specialized subsets of PDF as standards for specific industries and functions. Today, PDF for Archive (PDF/A) and PDF for Exchange (PDF/X) are ISO standards, and PDF for Engineering (PDF/E) and PDF for Universal Access (PDF/UA) are proposed standards. Additionally, PDF for Healthcare (PDF/H) is an AIIM proposed Best Practice Guide. AIIM serves as the administrator for PDF/A, PDF/E, PDF/UA and PDF/H.

“Today’s announcement is the next logical step in the evolution of PDF from de facto standard to a formal, de jure standard,” said Kevin Lynch, senior vice president and chief software architect at Adobe. “By releasing the full PDF specification for ISO standardization, we are reinforcing our commitment to openness. As governments and organizations increasingly request open formats, maintenance of the PDF specification by an external and participatory organization will help continue to drive innovation and expand the rich PDF ecosystem that has evolved over the past 15 years.”

Adobe will release the full PDF 1.7 specification as defined in the PDF Reference Manual available at www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference.html to AIIM for the purpose of submission to ISO. The joint committee formed under AIIM will identify issues to be addressed, as well as proposed solutions, and will develop a draft document that will then be presented to a Joint Working Group of ISO for development and approval as an International Standard. AIIM holds the secretariat for the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Technical Committee (TC) 171 and 171 SC2 for Document Management Applications, and is the administrator for the U.S. Technical Advisory Group to ISO TC 171 that represents the U.S. at international meetings.

“As the administrator for several specialized ISO standard subsets of PDF, AIIM is pleased to receive this proposal from Adobe,” said John Mancini, President, AIIM. “Over the last several years we have seen and in many cases helped facilitate a range of ongoing market and customer focused efforts around PDF. These efforts have grown so broadly that it now makes sense for Adobe to let the full specification serve as a unifying umbrella and submit it for approval under the formal ISO standards process.”

Source: Adobe

Jimmy 2004, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Unable to Download Standard PDF's Anymore

Standards Group Accepts PDF

Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) 1.7 has been approved as an international standard by the International Standards Organization (ISO), according to a company executive. "Adobe has received word that the ballot for approval of PDF 1.7 to become the ISO 32000 Standard ... has passed by a vote of 13-1," wrote Jim King, a senior principal scientist and PDF architect at Adobe, in a blog post Tuesday. After announcing its intentions to make PDF a standard in January, Adobe submitted PDF to the ISO's Technical Committee in July. Previously, specialized subsets of PDF -- PDF/Archive and PDF/Exchange -- have been approved as standards by ISO, and other subsets have been proposed as standards. The approval of PDF 1.7 will now serve as an "umbrella" standard that will help unify these different subsets. The ratification of PDF as an ISO standard means Adobe gives up some control over the development of future versions. Instead of setting the future path of PDF on its own, Adobe will just be one of several parties with a say in how the standard evolves. And that's exactly what King, who was nominated technical editor of the new standard, hopes to see happen. "The challenging part will be to get people to participate in the next release of the standard. Lots of people want standards but it takes a measurable resource commitment to participate," he wrote.

Source: PC World

Polaris573, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Download Standard PDF's Anymore

1. Unable to Download Standard PDF's Anymore - Similar Threads - Unable Download Standard

2. Pdf download :O

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf download :O: Does anyone know of a program or browser extension that will download all the .pdf documents off a website? There’s heaps of software out there but I’ve gone through about 10 so far and they either don’t work or don’t do exactly what I want. It maybe tricky as there’s...
  3. Unable to download pdf from google drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to download pdf from google drive: I am able to download every type of file from Google Drive except pdfs. When I press download, the file explorer window pops up and says "working on it". When I press any of the buttons, it freezes, with the little loading circle at the top. It never works after this point...
  4. suddenly unable to open and print pdf download of today

suddenly unable to open and print pdf download of today: An important tax document from bank cannot now be opened and printed from edge nor IE11 browsers. PDF printer shows as current in devices/printers. Older downloads/documents open and print ok. Any suggestions?desktop HP pc - windows 10 - v. 2004 - os19041.685 - edge...
  5. DOWNLOADING PDF EDITOR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DOWNLOADING PDF EDITOR: when I tried to install PDF editor, Microsoft store is showing try again and even the website is showing me : Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. how can this problem be solved? it is not related to the internet connection though I dont want to...
  6. unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

unable to open any downloads like PDF files.: I have been having problems with my Lenovo laptop where it isn't letting me open any files what so ever. it always says virus detected. I am a college student and I need some files to open in order for me to do my work. I tried searching in setting if there was anything that...
  7. Retrieving a downloaded PDF

Retrieving a downloaded PDF: Using JAWS, what are the steps for retrieving a downloaded PDF file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-a-downloaded-pdf/f0cfc4ad-7585-407f-99d1-fb23438aee6e"
  8. PDF standard reverts to edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF standard reverts to edge: Hello, this problem is driving us nuts. Our standard PDF reader is Adobe Reader DC, when opening a PDF document, after a few moments, the system automatically changes the standard from Adobe to Edge. This problem only occures on our virtual machines: Specs (2...
  9. Link to download PDF

Link to download PDF: * Merged * Original title: Link to download PDF Please advise if there is a link to download my PDF file to Procedure for Employers How to Post a Job at the bottom right of the homepage for my site www dot jobsgalore dot careers ? Send it to me asap or state your...
  10. Unable to print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to print to PDF: Hi Everyone, i updated my laptop to Windows 10 and I have been unable to print to PDF. I have tried using Adobe Acrobat, Cute PDF Writer, and PDFlite. All of them have an error which varies per application, however they all generally say they are unable to print. For...