Windows 10: Unable to download the game on a new computer

Discus and support Unable to download the game on a new computer in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had played Gears of War 4 before I bought a new computer. Recently I’ve wanted to play it again and tried to download it from Microsoft Store.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RobWold7c, Jan 20, 2019.

1. RobWold7c Win User

Unable to download the game on a new computer

I had played Gears of War 4 before I bought a new computer. Recently I’ve wanted to play it again and tried to download it from Microsoft Store. However, I cannot download it again. I didn’t get any error messages or anything. I just click on install, that’s it. It won’t download. Why?

:)

RobWold7c, Jan 20, 2019

2. Can't download games

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the game Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to Download the Games?
    • Are you downloading the games from Windows store?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Unable to download the game on a new computer

Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Unable to download the game on a new computer

1. Unable to download the game on a new computer - Similar Threads - Unable download game

2. New computer game download issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer game download issue: I just got a new computer but when I try to install minecraft from the microsoft store it gives me an error message saying "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license". It shows me that I own the game but this pops up whenever I click...
  3. New computer game download issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer game download issue: I just got a new computer but when I try to install minecraft from the microsoft store it gives me an error message saying "CLiP license device ID does not match the device ID in the bound device license". It shows me that I own the game but this pops up whenever I click...
  4. New computer games won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New computer games won't download: Just got a new computer, it's a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx. I am renting it from Aaron's, I did a full reset on it to remove Aaron's as administrator and reinstalled windows. I went thru the setup and did all updates. I tried to download games from gamepass and...
  5. unable to download games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unable to download games: Unable to download games from the Microsoft Store After buying the Xbox Game Pass I've really wanted to download some games (on windows 10) but I keep getting an error when trying to download it "Code: 0x80073CF3". I've had this before months ago and I see people have been...
  6. Unable to download games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download games: I have the game pass and had Ark Survival Evolved previously installed but then it got uninstalled from one day to another. Now when i try to download the game again, the download always fails or crashes my pc. Even when sometimes it is "Successful" it never truly is. The...
  7. downloading to new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    downloading to new computer: Downloading Seagate external hard drive into new computer. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-to-new-computer/433426fa-c71d-4848-a9a7-4d94fb893cdc
  8. Unable to download game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download game: I purchased Astroneer quite some time ago. It's a Play Anywhere title and I'm able to download it to my XBox, but I'm unable to download it to my PC. The Store page tells me I own the item but the Install button is greyed out and when I move my cursor over it I get a circle...
  9. Downloading a new game

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloading a new game: Hello! I'm Marc and I have a problem. I've installed Wargaming.net Game Center in order to download World of Tanks and World of Warships (I bet anyone has heard about these games), but they are not downloading. I asked on their forum and they gave me an URL about how to solve...
  10. Unable to download game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download game: I recently purchased Forza Horizon 4, and was attempting to preload it today. I kept getting the same error message every time, saying it could not download. The code was 0x80073CF9. It would start downloading for a couple of seconds, then I would get a notification saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Code: 0x80073CF9

2. unable to download microsoft games

3. unable to download games