Windows 10: Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.

Discus and support Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings.I am running an acer laptop with a webcam that doesn't work as the drivers are missing.Model: acer aspire es1-432-c7daDo note that it was in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ankith Abhayan, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.

Greetings.I am running an acer laptop with a webcam that doesn't work as the drivers are missing.Model: acer aspire es1-432-c7daDo note that it was in a working condition prior, but stopped working one fine day and never did work the time after.I did some extensive research and did the following:Went to device manager -> other devices -> VGA webcam -> Propertiesand this is what's shown:I clicked on update driver software -> search automatically for updated driver software and the following error message was shown every single time: I then thought, how could I update the driver sof

:)

Ankith Abhayan, Dec 27, 2021

2. Updating Webcam Drivers

I have an ASUS GL551JW with a built-in webcam. I am having sync issues between the audio and video when I use Camtasia 8.6. The software manufacture told me to check my webcam drivers.

I checked the drivers and they are from 2006. They are Microsoft drivers. I contacted ASUS and they couldn't provide me any information on updated drivers, but they were able to give me the following details about my webcam:

I have been searching online but I'm not finding anything that is helpful for obtaining updated drivers. Maybe there aren't any updated drivers, but I am hoping that they've been updated since 2006.

I have already downloaded the Intel chipset drivers from ASUS. I am not sure if that would include the webcam drivers. That's what ASUS told me to download.

Device Manager lists the webcam as: USB2.0 UVC HD Webcam. I am using Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone help me find some updated drivers for this webcam?

P.S. I am planning on buying a "real" webcam in the next couple months, but until then, I need to try to get this one working. Everything works fine on this webcam, and the video is good, it's just out of sync with any recorded audio.

Kenneth R. Jones, Dec 27, 2021
  3. Webcam Driver Update is Automatically Deleted

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to rectify the issue.

Step 1:

Un-install/remove all the previous webcam driver software that are located in your PC.

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and follow the procedure below.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Webcam
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 27, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.

1. Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam. - Similar Threads - Unable download update

2. Windows Update - Manual driver download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Manual driver download: Hello community,i got some driver installed by the windows update function. The driver in question is called:CORSAIR MEMORY, INC. - Monitor - 1.0.0.2and i can see it in the update history for windows update driver updates.This entry cannot be clicked and there is no other...
  3. Windows Update - Manual driver download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - Manual driver download: Hello community,i got some driver installed by the windows update function. The driver in question is called:CORSAIR MEMORY, INC. - Monitor - 1.0.0.2and i can see it in the update history for windows update driver updates.This entry cannot be clicked and there is no other...
  4. Unable to Update windows 10 automatically and also manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Update windows 10 automatically and also manually: After Download the update and restarting the pc its showing we are unable to finish installing the updateUpdate name --- feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2Tried ways - - Downloaded windows 10 update assistant its also giving error - Couldnt download windows 10 please...
  5. Missing driver for webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing driver for webcam: My Laptop has no webcam, so I have to use my USB web-cam but it won't work, it's FCC code is DF601402, and windows says it's USB\VID_093A&PID_2468&REV_0100, and the USB video device driver can't start. OS is windows 10 X64...
  6. Missing driver for webcam

Missing driver for webcam: My Laptop has no webcam, so I have to use my USB web-cam but it won't work, it's FCC code is DF601402, and windows says it's USB\VID_093A&PID_2468&REV_0100, and the USB video device driver can't start. OS is windows 10 X64...
  7. Missing driver for webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.: Greetings.I am running an acer laptop with a webcam that doesn't work as the drivers are missing.Model: acer aspire es1-432-c7daDo note that it was in a working condition prior, but stopped working one fine day and never did work the time after.I did some extensive research...
  9. Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.

Unable to download/update missing driver software manually or automatically for my webcam.: Greetings.I am running an acer laptop with a webcam that doesn't work as the drivers are missing.Model: acer aspire es1-432-c7daDo note that it was in a working condition prior, but stopped working one fine day and never did work the time after.I did some extensive research...
  10. Software automatically downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software automatically downloading: Hi, My desktop went for a repair at HP. Once back from the repair, I noticed that the PC has been reset i.e: setup screen was present upon turning it on. I was then greeted with the factory apps and home screen. No old contents/software was present. However, AVG Internet...