Windows 10: Unable to download Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to download Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just paid the $139 to upgrade from windows 7 Professional to windows 10. When I click on the "Download Tool Now" box, nothing happens. That's as far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by billybob944, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Unable to download Windows 10

I just paid the $139 to upgrade from windows 7 Professional to windows 10. When I click on the "Download Tool Now" box, nothing happens. That's as far as I get. Earlier in the week I was trying to download for free and was having the same problem. I kept trying and trying and it finally worked or at least advanced to the next step. At some point it got to 46 or 47% in one of the steps and never went any further. I can't even get to that point now even after paying for the update. What do I try next?

:)

billybob944, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Unable to download Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to download Windows 10

1. Unable to download Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable download

2. Unable to download and open files from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  3. Unable to download and open files from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  4. Unable to download pdf from google drive

Unable to download pdf from google drive: I am able to download every type of file from Google Drive except pdfs. When I press download, the file explorer window pops up and says "working on it". When I press any of the buttons, it freezes, with the little loading circle at the top. It never works after this point...
  5. Unable to download Forza Horizon 4 0x87E10BD0

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download Forza Horizon 4 0x87E10BD0: I'm having trouble downloading and installing Forza Horizon 4 from the Microsoft Store. Every time I try to download Forza I get an error code 0x87E10BD0. After doing a factory reset for the first time, I couldn't install Forza after that. Here I am now, trying to figure out...
  6. I'm unable to download Youtube App on my Windows 10 Desktop..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to download Youtube App on my Windows 10 Desktop..: ..but tried follow the video I'll link below, using DNS settings, and 2nd method using Command Prompt. Neither worked, but I wanted to show you what I'd done so far. I've seen the info on downloading it through Google Chrome but I don't use Google Chrome, I use Firefox. I...
  7. Unable to Rename Downloads folder

Unable to Rename Downloads folder: Hello - I managed to change my Downloads folder somehow to some jibberish like a series of jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj and spaces and more letters. I may have fallen asleep and my hand relaxed on the keyboard ;- but now I can't figure out how to change it back. Right click does not have...
  8. I am unable to download "Halo 4" after purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to download "Halo 4" after purchase: After purchase of "Halo 4" I am unable to Install it from Microsoft store. Download and install loading bar shows error : 0x80073D12OS Windows 10 Homebuild : 19043.1110Is there a maintenance on server side or something like that? Can you provide a workaround to install this...
  9. Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home and...

Unable to download and view videos on Netflix, etc. after installing Windows 10 Home and...: Despite installing the Windows 10 Home and HEVC codec, I am still not able to download and view any videos on Netflix, etc. There is also no troubleshooting issue. Does anyone have the same issue like me? If yes, please share what I can do. This is so frustrating after...
  10. unable to boost the computer from the USB thumb drive with download Windows installation media

unable to boost the computer from the USB thumb drive with download Windows installation media: I've a LENOVO IDEAPAD 510S14ISK. Since Window10 system in it updated I can't use. I see a blue screen, saying Advanced options. I tried all of them but it did not work.About two weeks ago, ‘Chukwuemeka‘ kindly tried to help me and instructed me to download the Windows...