Windows 10: Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file

Discus and support Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Under File Explorer I cannot drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file no longer. This feature used to work but now I am unable even to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pinkstarlight1, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file

Under File Explorer I cannot drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file no longer. This feature used to work but now I am unable even to highlight the zip file

:)

pinkstarlight1, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Grip71 Win User

Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019

Hi,

On my Windows 10 machine under File Explorer I can no longer drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file. Usually I can just drag a file and over a zip file just drop it, but it wont even highlight the zip file.

Any ideas why?

Ian Johnston

Grip71, Apr 17, 2020
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Unable to Drag-And-Drop in Explorer

I find I'm unable to drag an drop in Explorer.

For instance, when I want to extract a file from a zip file I drag to the folder and drop it but it doesn't get placed in the folder. This occurs with any drag and drop procedure.

I am however able to copy and paste.

James

JamesJoey, Apr 17, 2020
  4. DaMulta Win User

Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file

Combining 1000s of PDF files with drag and drop

OK I need to know how many files I have. The problem is that there is more than one file per PDF.

Is there a was to combine all of them into one PDF drag and drop stile by the 100s?

DaMulta, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file

1. Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file - Similar Threads - Unable drag drop

2. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  3. Drag and drop freezing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  4. Drag and drop freezing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  5. file explorer drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  6. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  7. Unable to drag and drop files

Unable to drag and drop files: I use MacOS Catalina 10.15. and have an issue with drag and drop files into the OneDrive sidebar folder in Finder. I've given access to my entire disk in Security & Privacy, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?...
  8. Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019

Windows 10 - Drag & Drop File into a Zip File Not Working - July 2019: Hi, On my Windows 10 machine under File Explorer I can no longer drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file. Usually I can just drag a file and over a zip file just drop it, but it wont even highlight the zip file. Any ideas why? Ian Johnston...
  9. Drag & Drop file increment?

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag & Drop file increment?: Is there a way I can change the behaviour of drag and drop files in file explorer so that if the file exists its filename is extended by an incremented number. (Sorry, that sounds confusing). e.g. drag abc.jpg on c:\ to abc.jpg on f:\. If abc.jpg on f:\ already exists then...
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....