Windows 10: Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

Discus and support Unable to drag items / move items from desktop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Porotto, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Porotto Win User

Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder name) now whenever i try to move a file or folder from example (Download folder) to my desktop i get this error popping up stopping me from doing so.

Unable to drag items / move items from desktop [​IMG]

Also trying to edit any file or folder outside of desktop gives me this error

Unable to drag items / move items from desktop [​IMG]

Any ideas or help would be useful please *Smile

:)

Porotto, Mar 9, 2016
  2. VLB1 Win User

Unable to move Apps to the Desktop in Windows 10, Help!

I have an issue with moving apps onto my Windows 10 desktop. Attempting to drag an app from the Apps menu to the desktop does not work on my new Windows 10 machine. I also tried to right click on the app folder I'd like to move to the desktop and there
    is no response. Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps there is a new, more efficient way to move a folder or app from the start menu to the desktop? As many other individuals in several of the forums have mentioned, they do not want to wade through all of the
    apps on their computer to locate frequently used items. And before sending a response, NO, I do Not want to pin the items to my task bar. I want the icons on the desktop, period. Please advise with appropriate, simplified instructions (like dragging and dropping
    or right clicking, not "go to my computer locate * open the items you would like to move etc"...). Your assistance would be much appreciated by many individuals. Unable to drag items / move items from desktop :)

VLB1, Mar 9, 2016
  3. VLB1 Win User
    How can I move an app from the taskbar to the desktop windows 10?

I have an issue with moving apps onto my windows 10 desktop. Attempting to drag an app from the Apps menu to the desktop does not work on my new Windows 10 machine. I also tried to right click on the app folder I'd like to move to the desktop and there
    is no response. Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a new way to move a folder or app from the start menu to the desktop? As many other individuals in several of the forums have mentioned, they do not want to wade through all of the apps on their computer
    to locate frequently used items. And before sending a response, NO, I do Not want to pint the items to my task bar. I want the icons on the desktop, period. Please advise with appropriate, simplified instructions (like dragging and dropping or right clicking,
    not "go to my computer locate * open the items you would like to move etc"...). Your assistance would be much appreciated by many individuals. Unable to drag items / move items from desktop :)

VLB1, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

1. Unable to drag items / move items from desktop - Similar Threads - Unable drag items

2. Dragging items in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dragging items in taskbar: In windows 11, dragging pics , docs to browser or other window is disabled. Is there any particular reason for it. If its a problem from my side , how can i rectify it. Or when will it be back in upcoming software updates???...
  3. No able to Drag items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No able to Drag items: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎9/‎18/‎2021 OS build 22000.194 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0 Device name SeriousBlack Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.44...
  4. No able to Drag items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No able to Drag items: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎9/‎18/‎2021 OS build 22000.194 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.194.0 Device name SeriousBlack Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.44...
  5. Unable to move items in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to move items in Windows Mail: Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on message I get context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' this appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all options on the...
  6. Desktop items moving after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  7. Desktop items moving after reboot

Desktop items moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  8. Move item to taskbar.

Move item to taskbar.: I want Desktop icon "PBS Schedules" moved to task bar. Searched but cannot find. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-item-to-taskbar/349fe060-5e77-407f-913a-70279303b7ad
  9. Item not found, item no longer located in desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item not found, item no longer located in desktop: Hi I was working on a Sibelius file last night and saved it to the desktop. This morning when I tried opening it, I kept getting met with the error "Item not found, item no longer located in C:users\***\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." If I look in...
  10. Items not showing on desktop when dragging and dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Items not showing on desktop when dragging and dropping: If I drag and drop an item to the desktop as the last item (see the attached pictures for an example of what I mean) it will not show up on the desktop, I don't even get that little white line showing where the item is going to be placed and regardless of what I do I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to move items in desktop