Windows 10: Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop

Discus and support Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently trying to dual boot on my laptop. However during installation following error occurs [IMG] I am also unable to create the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ankush Thakur, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop

I am currently trying to dual boot on my laptop. However during installation following error occurs

Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop [​IMG]

I am also unable to create the new volume in the disk management system. Disk volume property is MBR. Also I don't have 4 partition as specified in the MBR property. If I try to create new volume by shrinking the volume following error appears...

Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop 5442addb-6d70-49f1-a51c-b45e2a3195e1?upload=true.png

Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop 6c89a5b2-3e8b-4f9d-9929-4b12db07fa7a?upload=true.png

:)

Ankush Thakur, Oct 8, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Oct 8, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 8, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop

1. Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable dual boot

2. Unable to on my HP laptop Installed OS windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to on my HP laptop Installed OS windows 10: Hello Sir,I'm Pradeep Kushwaha from UP, India.Today afternoon I was work on my laptop and copy data from laptop to mobile phone then suddenly my laptop screen was black out and unable to see any thing and shutdown from press power button. After sometime I was try to on my...
  3. Unable to on my HP laptop Installed OS windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to on my HP laptop Installed OS windows 10: Hello Sir,I'm Pradeep Kushwaha from UP, India.Today afternoon I was work on my laptop and copy data from laptop to mobile phone then suddenly my laptop screen was black out and unable to see any thing and shutdown from press power button. After sometime I was try to on my...
  4. Unable to on my HP laptop Installed OS windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to Sign In to my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Sign In to my HP Laptop: I was somehow signed out of my microsoft office accounts so restearted my computer, after I restartede my computer it no longer allows me to enter my pin to log-in and my finger print scan is also not working so I am locked out of my computer....
  6. Unable to boot without dual boot HDD

Unable to boot without dual boot HDD: Here's my situation: I have two Windows 10 installations, one in an HDD and one in an SSD. I want to get rid of the HDD but I can't. My computer won't boot if the HDD isn't present. In Computer Management, I can see the HDD flagged as system and the SSD flagged as bootable. I...
  7. Unable to login to my HP Pavillion laptop on Windows 10

Unable to login to my HP Pavillion laptop on Windows 10: i uninstalled Bonjour without knowing what it was and then since restarting my laptop I am unable to login as i have no internet connection. I really do not want to reset to factory settings as I have a lot of information on it that is not backed up anywhere. Please help!...
  8. HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot: Last week, I was having problems. I ran System Restore, but it failed. Without warning, no boot. Finally it showed the error msg. collecting data to send to MS and will reboot. It then tried the Automatic Repair which also failed. and that is what happens now. I have tried...
  9. Dual boot Linux on my Windows 10 Laptop

Dual boot Linux on my Windows 10 Laptop: I want to Dual Boot ubuntu on my windows 10 laptop. I have tried it once before on my previous laptop and once I started using Ubuntu my activated windows 10 stopped working. I just want to know if it is possible for me to dual boot Ubuntu on my laptop and not loose my...
  10. Unable to install windows 10 (dual boot) in win 7 laptop.

Unable to install windows 10 (dual boot) in win 7 laptop.: I have installed windows 7 64 bit now i want to install windows 10 in another hard disk partition because i want dual boot so i can use both win7 and win10. The problem is, when i try to install win 10 i cant select any drive to install and the error is like "The selected...