Windows 10: Unable to "Duplicate" Windows 10 Screen During games.

Discus and support Unable to "Duplicate" Windows 10 Screen During games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have GTX 1070, an Acer Predator 1440p Monitor @ 165hz, and a Samsung UA55JU6400WXXY 4K (Non- HDR) TV. I currently have the acer plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Groggubus, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Groggubus Win User

Unable to "Duplicate" Windows 10 Screen During games.

Hi, I have GTX 1070, an Acer Predator 1440p Monitor @ 165hz, and a Samsung UA55JU6400WXXY 4K (Non- HDR) TV.

I currently have the acer plugged in via display port, and the tv plugged in via a 10 metre HDMI cord. There are no other monitors/tvs plugged in. The Acer is running in 2560 by 1440, as is the TV, although it's capable of 4k. I do not know the refresh rate of the TV, but the Acer is currently running at 165 Hz.

When i press winkey+p, I can duplicate the windows screen and whatever is on it across both screens. However, my problem is i cant get games to display on the TV and the monitor at the same time.

When I launch a game, for eg: NBA 2kXX, it will send the tv screen black, and constantly minimise the game on the pc monitor, to the taskbar. If i click on the game icon, it will try and maximise the game to full screen, before failing again and minimising it to the taskbar. I can display games fine in 1440P on either the tv or the monitor one at a time, but never simultaneously.

Does anyone know what i can do to fix this? Sometimes I wanna play games with a friend, with me at the pc desk and him at the tv on the couch. Is it due to the refresh rate in the game? ive tried turning NBA 2k14 down to 59 hz, but it didnt solve the problem.

Much Respect for anyone that knows how to fix this...

:)

Groggubus, Dec 11, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Dec 11, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Dec 11, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

duplicate means that you need the same resolution and Hz for both of the monitors. your TV doesnt really handle 165hz so thats the problem. try running at 60Hz and you might have better results. also start with the full HD resolution to see that the cabling and stuff is working correctly.

batlhilz, Dec 14, 2016
  5. Groggubus Win User
    thanks. i tried a few games in 1080p at 60 hz, some worked, and some didnt. *Rolleyes NBA wouldnt work unfortunately. maybe i should just go and buy a steam link *Sad

EDIT: worked fine when I ran it on the Samsung by itself. I guess that will do.

Groggubus, Dec 14, 2016
  6. There is another way: but it requires 2 graphics cards not in SLi 1 for each monitor set to the 160hz & 60hz, but that is pricey for a second 1070.

RoadBlaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to "Duplicate" Windows 10 Screen During games. - Similar Threads - Unable Duplicate Screen

2. Duplicate games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate games: Does anyone know why i have duplicate games. It takes up so much extra space I have 1 game in "InstalledApps" And the same game in my XboxGames Folder. I have Windows 10 and a ssd of 1tb....
  3. Duplicate games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate games: Does anyone know why i have duplicate games. It takes up so much extra space I have 1 game in "InstalledApps" And the same game in my XboxGames Folder. I have Windows 10 and a ssd of 1tb....
  4. Duplicate games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production: Hi Windows Support,I'm producing videos using the video editor within the Windows 10 Photos App. The Photos app is duplicating each video used onto my C: Drive, eating up space for what appears to be an arbitrary reason. How can I make the Photos app stop duplicating video...
  6. flickering screen during game play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering screen during game play: on uploads from discs as well as downloads when I try to play games my screen flickers and rolls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-screen-during-game-play/73235c5b-8cda-4539-a4d7-e09df0cadb37
  7. Windows 10 keeps blue screening during games...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps blue screening during games...: It shows "WHEA Uncorrectable" or something like that. I've reinstalled Windows 10 numerous times and even replaced the GPU unit to see if that helped to solve the problem; it didn't. This is a recent install of my Windows 10 once more with the same problem....
  8. Unable to Duplicate monitor screen on system upgraded to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Duplicate monitor screen on system upgraded to Windows 10: We have upgraded a HP Compaq Pro 4300 All in One system that has a Intel Pentium G870. Once we upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 pro we are unable to duplicate the desktop screen to our secondary monitors, only option we get is extend but If we disable the Intel HD...
  9. Screen Flickering During Gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Flickering During Gaming: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've experienced cxonstant screen flickering during gaming. I can only really describe it as a weird fluctuation of brightness, in horizontal lines, up and down my monitor. On Counter Strike it seems to have been somewhat solved through V-Sync...
  10. Lock Screen During Games

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen During Games: My windows 10 will go to a lock screen during games. Specifically, iRacing when using the wheel as my input. I have even disabled the lock screen, but it does not seem to have helped. 47342

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to duplicate windows 10 screen